What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    That or you borrower a CD dust jacket for a book disguise!!
    Nah, Kindle app for the win.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      I love Robert Bloch - I just wish his complete short stories would be published in a gorgeous set limited editions.
      Would have to be huge!

sk
      I have only one book by Bloch...the limited of Psycho bought in the 90's but never even read it. Have you? Is it worth it? Is it like the movie or totally different?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        I just finished "The Gunslinger". I thought it was a tough read. It took me till nearly 2/3 of the way through it to get into the story. I will start book 2 probably tomorrow night.
        Hey Dan, are you really talking about the original DT series that's been out since the 80's? If so, you are like me. I still haven't read a single book of that series. Been wanting to but there's always something getting in the way. I've now switched from a couple CD magazines I was reading some stories in, to The Green Mile. I read a couple of the books many years ago, but never finished it. I recently bought it in one single volume and am going to try and get through it all.
        I bought it from the Overlook Connection....

Comment

Yes, I've read Psycho.
          Bloch is always worth reading. I can't remember exactly, but I think Hitchcock of course kept the you-know-what, but changed quite a few things.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            Hey Dan, are you really talking about the original DT series that's been out since the 80's? If so, you are like me. I still haven't read a single book of that series. Been wanting to but there's always something getting in the way. I've now switched from a couple CD magazines I was reading some stories in, to The Green Mile. I read a couple of the books many years ago, but never finished it. I recently bought it in one single volume and am going to try and get through it all.
            I bought it from the Overlook Connection....
            Yep the original DT series. Just never something I really thought about reading until the past year. At this point I'm sure I'll finish it, as I'm into the 2nd book now and it is certainly a much easier read than the Gunslinger. I'm just not sure I liked how The Gunslinger flowed, I dunno, there was just something about it or it's structure that didn't sit right with me, I still can't pinpoint it.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

It's been a long time since I read Psycho. The biggest difference that I remember is that the brilliant shower scene that Hitchcock directed was taken care of by one sentence in the book.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Reading Midnight Pleasures now.I too forgot how great Robert Bloch was.It is great to rediscover him.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  I too forgot how great Robert Bloch was.
                  Definitely!
                  I discovered him decades ago, through some of his masterful short stories.
                  Then came the novels - I think I prefer his shorter works - many a twist I wouldn't see coming.

sk

Comment

Yes I Like his shorter work better.I found a bunch of practically new paperback books at our library 10 cent sale and said what the heck.Besides Ray Bradbury
                    Robert Bloch is responsible for my love of reading.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      Yes, I've read Psycho.
                      Bloch is always worth reading. I can't remember exactly, but I think Hitchcock of course kept the you-know-what, but changed quite a few things.

sk
                      It's funny because I always thought Hitchcock came up with that movie until I saw the limited edition available at Gauntlet for like 60 bucks way back in the 90's. But he changed some things, huh? Then it must be worth reading since the book has to be different than the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        Yep the original DT series. Just never something I really thought about reading until the past year. At this point I'm sure I'll finish it, as I'm into the 2nd book now and it is certainly a much easier read than the Gunslinger. I'm just not sure I liked how The Gunslinger flowed, I dunno, there was just something about it or it's structure that didn't sit right with me, I still can't pinpoint it.
                        I've read posts on here saying that people should just skip the first book or just skim it to get an idea of what's going on, then move to the second book. It's hard enough for me to get into a novel without it being complicated or boring, so I'm not sure where to start...I better start it someday or I'll be too old to finish all the books. I turned 45 in August!

Comment

I've read posts on here saying that people should just skip the first book or just skim it to get an idea of what's going on, then move to the second book. It's hard enough for me to get into a novel without it being complicated or boring, so I'm not sure where to start...I better start it someday or I'll be too old to finish all the books. I turned 45 in August!
                          We could probably give you a synopsis of the first one. I think it's fair to say there's a few people on here that know the book fairly well!! (I'm not including myself in that list!)
                          http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

I for one, really enjoyed The Gunslinger. The opening sentence is great, and its worth reading if you plan on giving the whole series a shot. Every part plays a specific role...

Anyway, on the bright side, its not too long so you should be able to get through it quick enough and then onto the rest. Drawing of the Three is a fantastic experience!

Comment

It seems like everybody really likes Drawing of the Three. But I see Wizard and Glass (I think that's correct) going for a lot of money on ebay for years now. I keep wondering why? Were there less copies printed for the fourth book for some reason? I can't think of any other reason.

Comment

I've read posts on here saying that people should just skip the first book or just skim it to get an idea of what's going on, then move to the second book. I'm not sure where to start...I better start it someday or I'll be too old to finish all the books. I turned 45 in August!
                                I can't even remember when I was 45....
                                As for where to start, at the very beginning: The Gunslinger.
                                Don't skip this book, it's part of the series and worth reading.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X