No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gone back to reading Racing the Sunrise: Reinforcing America's Pacific Outposts, 1941-1942 by Glen M Williford. I finished Nadia's Children and Call to the Hunt by Steven E Wedel. I also read Tails from the Pack edited by Steven E Wedel. Lat night I started Circus Boy Adventure Stories one of the big hardcovers based on the Circus Boy TV series.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Long time, no see, Dan! Welcome back!
      Thanks Brian, it's good to be back. Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and update my collection page.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        Thanks Brian, it's good to be back. Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and update my collection page.
        Yea, let's see the new gets!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          That would be great to see!

Comment

Just finished CJ Tudor's "The Chalk Man". I really liked it. While not a perfect book, it definitely lived up to the hype for me. It was a much darker book than I expected. Not sure how many of you were able to read the subpress edition with the alternate ending. For those of you that did, I wonder which ending you prefer. I actually found myself liking the ending that wasn't used much more. Am super glad that I have preordered CJ Tudor's next book from subpress, "The Hiding Place".

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              Just finished CJ Tudor's "The Chalk Man". I really liked it. While not a perfect book, it definitely lived up to the hype for me. It was a much darker book than I expected. Not sure how many of you were able to read the subpress edition with the alternate ending. For those of you that did, I wonder which ending you prefer. I actually found myself liking the ending that wasn't used much more. Am super glad that I have preordered CJ Tudor's next book from subpress, "The Hiding Place".
              I haven't read the alternate ending as I'm waiting for my copy to be sent. I loved the book and also pre ordered The Hiding Place. I look forward to reading the alternate ending.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                I just received this the other day and am currently in the middle of two books. I'm going to bump this one up the TBR though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  The only Malfi I have read is December Park and I loved it.
                  He has been a consistent and easy read for me since 2007 I think. I feel the same way about Jeff Strand ,although Jeff can get extremely silly at times.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    I like Malfi’s work, and the one I’m reading, BONE WHITE, is one of just two of his I haven’t read...so far it’s quite good.
                    Liked Bone White a lot. He seems to be getting better with each novel.

Comment

Just picked up, A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher....Dogs and the End of the World, two of my favorite things LOL!
                      Last edited by mhatchett; 05-02-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Just picked up, A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher....Dogs and the End of the World, tow of my favorite things LOL!
                        I have this one on my to-read pile as well. When I first saw the title, I thought it was just a ripoff of Ellison's A Boy and His Dog, but on second glance, it sounds good.

Comment

I read Malfi's Bone White a while ago and thought it was quite good. It remains the only book of his that I've read.
                          I'm currently listening to The Five by McCammon and reading Those Who Wish Me Dead by Koryta.
                          Loving The Five and not sure on TWWMD yet - just started.
                          A Boy and His Dog caught my eye too. I'll be interested to know how it's received.

Comment

Am now rereading Christopher Golden's "Ararat". Will then dive into book number two in the series "The Pandora Room".

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              Just picked up, A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher....Dogs and the End of the World, tow of my favorite things LOL!
                              Is it a nod to Harlan Ellison? Or just a coincidental title?

Comment

I recently watched the second Goosebumps movie...come on, it was fun! So, I actually am reading the novelization of the first Goosebumps film.

I've always been fascinated by Stine. I'm assuming he uses ghostwriters most of the time (and did use them most of the time, once the project really took off), but I believe he continues to say he never has. And really, no article has ever contradicted that, except a couple blog posts. But of course there was one series where there were credited co-authors (if I recall) and one author came out and said he wrote one of the books (might have been a Fear Street title, though).

That would be a fun life...writing little horror books for kids (that make a lot of money, I concede to add).

Comment

Working...
                                X