Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Reading A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman. Short but not sweet. I will finish it however for a novella that's just over 100 pages it seems that with repeating things less this could be a great story and 20 pages less.
      After I finish it I will be doing a long overdue re-read of Psycho by Robert Bloch.

Comment

Just Finished reading Josh Malerman’s “Inspection”. I really liked it, but didn’t love it. I’ve read a ton of horror/sci-fi and don’t recall ever reading a story quite like this one. Very unique and highly original idea. Do wish some of the characters beyond the main protagonists would have been more fleshed out. I also would have liked more information about the Parenthood and its’ goals. The front half of the book was a bit slow; however, the back half of the book more than makes up for it. Overall, another fun read from Malerman and a book I would recommend. I am now beginning the Subterranean Press limited edition of CJ Tudor’s “The Chalk Man”. Haven’t ready anything by this author yet but have heard good things.

Comment

Chalk Man was one of my favorite books from last year. I'm waiting g on Cemetery Dance to get their copies as I ordered through them.
          The way you feel about inspection is how I felt about Unbury Carol. Fun story but I oh a couple of characters I cared about.
          I finished up House at the Bottom of a Lake and it was a 3 star read. I loved the 2 main characters but hated the house.This he ending did get to me.
          I also finished Psycho and loved it more then the first time.
          Now I'm reading The Nightmare Girl by Jonathan Janz. He is quickly becoming for me what Josh Malerman has become to Jeff. An author I have to own and read everything he puts out.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            Chalk Man was one of my favorite books from last year. I'm waiting g on Cemetery Dance to get their copies as I ordered through them.
            The way you feel about inspection is how I felt about Unbury Carol. Fun story but I oh a couple of characters I cared about.
            I finished up House at the Bottom of a Lake and it was a 3 star read. I loved the 2 main characters but hated the house.This he ending did get to me.
            Now I'm reading The Nightmare Girl by Jonathan Janz. He is quickly becoming for me what Josh Malerman has become to Jeff. An author I have to own and read everything he puts out.
            I have to try Janz again. I read his first novel and it showed real potential but also had some weak spots.

Comment

BONE WHITE, Ronald Malfi.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Good to know about Chalk Man! I have yet to read/listen to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  BONE WHITE, Ronald Malfi.
                  I need to read this. Malfi is another author who I’ve come to love reading. Snow is an excellent book as is December Park.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    Just Finished reading Josh Malerman’s “Inspection”. I really liked it, but didn’t love it. I’ve read a ton of horror/sci-fi and don’t recall ever reading a story quite like this one. Very unique and highly original idea. Do wish some of the characters beyond the main protagonists would have been more fleshed out. I also would have liked more information about the Parenthood and its’ goals. The front half of the book was a bit slow; however, the back half of the book more than makes up for it. Overall, another fun read from Malerman and a book I would recommend. I am now beginning the Subterranean Press limited edition of CJ Tudor’s “The Chalk Man”. Haven’t ready anything by this author yet but have heard good things.
                    Malerman has big ideas and a vibrant imagination. Also, I really dig his writing style. There's a rhythm and a pacing that just flows. His stories not pay out the way we'd all like but his books are fun to be in.

I'm reading CELLARS right now and I really like it. Dying to see where it goes. Trying to enjoy it instead of blasting through it to get to The Chalk Man.

Comment

I need to read this. Malfi is another author who I’ve come to love reading. Snow is an excellent book as is December Park.
                      I've read most and enjoyed all Malfi. Pick up the Passenger for something a little different.

Comment

The only Malfi I have read is December Park and I loved it.

Comment

I like Malfi’s work, and the one I’m reading, BONE WHITE, is one of just two of his I haven’t read...so far it’s quite good.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Good to know about Chalk Man! I have yet to read/listen to it.
                            I also enjoyed Chalk Man. It's a good summer read in the vein of It, but more of a mystery.

Comment

I've been on a Arthurian kick and have been making my way through many of the sources texts; Geoffrey of Monmouth's History of the Kings of Britain, the Mabinogion, Malory's Morte D'Arthur and Strassburg/Thomas of Britain's Tristan. Now working my way through The Lais of Marie De France. I find the old texts surprisingly readable and quite engrossing. Much more imagination and action than I would had assumed.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                I also enjoyed Chalk Man. It's a good summer read in the vein of It, but more of a mystery.
                                Long time, no see, Dan! Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                                X