No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent most of my day on a plane and was able to finish off Edward Lees Lucifer's Lottery and read the bonus story at the end of Thomas Tessier's Wicked Things, a story called Scramburg USA. Lucifer's Lottery is an enjoyable read, I wasn't sure how I felt about it until the end. I think I found myself comparing this story to his Infernal series which probably was not fair. The end of the story really delivers and left me very satisfied. Scramburg USA is my first Thomas Tessier story and I enjoyed it very much. The main characters are intriguing and the plot twists are unpredictable. Now I am on to Wicked Things.

Comment

Now onto 'Shrine' by James Herbert, sypnosis - A little girl called Alice, a deaf-mute. A vision. A lady in shimmering whote who says she is the immaculate conception. And Alice can suddenly hear and speak. And she can perform miracles. Soon the site of the visitation, beneath the ancient oak tree, has become a shrine, a holy place for thousands of pilgrims. But Alice is no longer the guileless child overwhelmed by her new saintliness. She has become the agent of something corrupt, a vile force that is centuries-old. Innocence and evil have become one

Comment

Was going to start Harvest Moon by James A. Moore but might wait for Dark Delicacies.

Also The Stand; No Man's Land comic set

Comment

Now about 2/3 through Wicked Things by Thomas Tessier. As I posted earlier I read the novella included in the book first and really liked it. I have to say each of the stories in this book are worth the price of admission. Very impressed with my first two stories by Mr. Tessier and looking forward to more in the future.

Comment

Finished The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.

Going on vacation tomorrow and I'll be bringing the following with me:

Pet Sematary
            Dreamsongs vol. I
            Blockade Billy

Comment

Reading a story about a man who ate a boeing 747, which i think is almost the title of the book. It's fiction, of course, and the author's surname is Sherwood, i think. You can tell i pay attention to titles and authors. I do, but generally it's after I've read the book. If they make me go back and memorise their name, then it's safe to say I like them.
              Last edited by Craig Wallwork; 08-05-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Finished The Wolves of the Calla; It's well-written, better than I remembered, but it still rings hollow for me, mostly because of pop culture references and rehash of previous King material. But it's narrative flow is much better than W&G.

Spoiler!

Warming up my pipes to sing Song of Susannah--an off key version of it, but..
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just finished the first Shivers anthology last night. Started CD Magazine #43 (yeah, I know, I'm waaaaaay behind on my CD reading). PLan to pick up a novel tonight. The most likely candidate is Christopher Golden's first novel (and also the first book in an ongoing series): Of Saints and Shadows. It's been a while since I've read an original Golden book (one not part of an established universe).

UPDATE: When I got home Friday night, I still figured on reading Of Saints & Shadows. But when I went over to my bookcase, Peter Straub's The Throat grabbed me by...well, the throat. So I'm now about 130 pages in as of 6:15 AM this morning (8/8/11). What a gripping novel so far!
                  Last edited by HorrorScribe; 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM.
                  "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

I'm safe here because I've already taken the journey to the Dark Tower.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        Yes, but Ka IS a wheel, so you'll have to read it again....and again....and...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Now about 2/3 through Wicked Things by Thomas Tessier. As I posted earlier I read the novella included in the book first and really liked it. I have to say each of the stories in this book are worth the price of admission. Very impressed with my first two stories by Mr. Tessier and looking forward to more in the future.
                          Have just started Wicked Things. I don't think I have previously read anything by Mr Tessier but so far so good. Can't really comment on the story yet as am only 2-3 chapters in.

Comment

It has been a while since I read any short stories.
                            So far I'm really enjoying this book.

sk

Comment

I have completed 'Wicked Things' and really enjoyed both stories, including the implied links to the two stories. I was at a loss on what to start next since 'In Laymon's Terms' and 'Dark Delicacies' are on their way and I have been wanting to read 'In Laymon's Terms' for quite some time. The post from Frik51 reminded me that I had 'The Very Best of Best new Horror' to read still. I will start that today and get a few shorts stories read while waiting for 'In Laymon's Terns' to make it's way across the country.

Comment

Finished up King Blood while on vacation and also read Alone by Brian Keene and A View From the Lake by Greg F. Gifune, all 3 great reads and have started on Cronin's The Passage
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X