No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading them in 'The Bachman Books' where there is the introduction of 'why i was Bachman' by Stephen King, then rage, the long walk, roadwork & the running man.

Interesting though Terry, something i have though about is
    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
      I'm reading them in 'The Bachman Books' where there is the introduction of 'why i was Bachman' by Stephen King, then rage, the long walk, roadwork & the running man.

Spoiler!
      Yeah, I agree with you. That is what I thought when I read it.
      "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Spoiler!
        Yeah, that's the book that I have, but it's been out of print for quite a while. That's why I was wondering if you had an older edition or if it's still in print overseas. You have an interesting idea about Garrity, but that's not how I saw it. One of the wonderful things about an ambiguous ending.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Starting The Drawing of the Three.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            It's ok. I think I know where Koontz is going with this book and that's not a good sign, as usually I'm way behind the author.
            Oh well, it has been years since I read a Koontz novel, I'm sure I'll finish it.

sk
            About 40 pages to go....And here I was thinking to be ahead of Koontz. NOT!!!
            The book is very good, one of the better Koontz's I've read.
            I'll finish it tonight.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              Final word on Watchers:

A good story, but too many wasted opportunities. All style and very little substance.

Spoiler!

And I don't care for books where the author rushes the ending as Koontz did.

If I had picked up a Koontz book in high school and read it, I might feel differently today.
              My mistake!
              I was referring to Strangers when we were talking about this book, not Watchers.
              I can't even remember having read the latter, but Strangers is very, very good.
              If you haven't read it yet, do give it a try!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                My mistake!
                I was referring to Strangers when we were talking about this book, not Watchers.
                I can't even remember having read the latter, but Strangers is very, very good.
                If you haven't read it yet, do give it a try!

sk
                We'll see...Right now, I'm questing with Roland thru the DT series again. Finished The Drawing of the Three--the really good ones makes you forget time and just plunge onward. I think i started it less than 2 days ago.

Into the The Wastelands.......
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Reading Erikson's Dust of Dreams
                  http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

Finished 'The Bachman books' last night with 'Running Man' which ireally liked. Now onto 'The Lair' by James Herbert.

Comment

Having finished Turtle Boy am now half way through The Hides. I came to these books via this forum and am extremely grateful I did. Great stories told with excellent writing. And there are more in the series!

Comment

Just finished: HEAVEN'S SHADOW by David S. Goyer & Michael Cassutt
                        Currently reading: ASHES, ASHES by Jo Treggiari
                        Next up: Either THE ASTOUNDING, THE AMAZING AND THE UNKNOWN by Paul Malmont or KILLER MOVE by Michael Marshall

Comment

I finished The Best of Joe R Lansdale from the last post, then Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, and finished with The Colorado Kid by Stephen King.

I had read The Colorado Kid when it came out but gave it another read after watching the Haven marathon on Syfy.
                          Last edited by cdfan; 07-22-2011, 02:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by cdfan View Post
                            I finished The Best of Joe R Lansdale from the last post, then Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, and finished with The Colorado Kid by Stephen King.

I had read The Colrado Kid when it came out but gave it another read after watching the Haven marathon on Syfy.
                            Thoughts on 'The Colorado Kid' ???

Comment

Thoughts on 'The Colorado Kid' ???
                              First time I read it I didn't really care for it but reading through this time something just clicked and I found it rather enjoyable. I'm glad I gave it a second read.

Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by cdfan View Post
                                First time I read it I didn't really care for it but reading through this time something just clicked and I found it rather enjoyable. I'm glad I gave it a second read.

Spoiler!
                                I found the story very enjoyable as well.

Made it thru The Wastelands. The story still seems to loses steam after Jake's rebirth into Mid-World.

Onto Wizard and Glass...
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X