No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed The Cleansing. The writing was weak in the beginning, but it picked up as the story gathered speed. Terrifying in places and had a mythic ending, but I wish there had been a little more meat to the story treatment, given the subject matter.

Now to wait for The Circle tonight.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

A Feast for Crows - book four of the Song of Ice and Fire series
      http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
      http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
      http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Circle was a creepy good read. I've only read two novels, a handful of short stories and now this novella, but Little makes me afraid of the dark again. Kinda like King used to.

Reading The Dog Stars by Peter Heller.
        Last edited by srboone; 01-04-2013, 04:05 AM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Glad to hear. I hope to get to The Circle next week.
          Originally posted by srboone View Post
          The Circle was a creepy good read. I've only read two novels, a handful of short stories and now this novella, but Little makes me afraid of the dark again. Kinda like King used to.

Reading The Dog Stars by Peter Heller.

Comment

Down by Nate Southard. Very early into it still, but seems to be a good one. I will probably take longer to read this one than I would most of this size because for whatever reason the text size is smaller than I would like and makes it difficult to read without plenty of light (And horror stories are better in less light). It's the first book from Sinister Grin for me, so I will withhold judgement for now, but if all of their stuff has the text this size I will be less likely to buy a lot from them. Maybe it has something to do with it being a paperback, though other small press paperbacks are easier to read.
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

I finished the first book in the Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series. Very quick read due to very short chapters, I really enjoyed it. I look forward to the next four books. For a little break I'm going to read The Hollow Earth I snagged from the forum grab bag.
              "now youes can't leave"
              A Bronx Tale
              directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Finished Under the Dome. Gave it 3 stars. Good book not one of his best in my opinion but a good read.I was disappointed in the ending though.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  Finished Under the Dome. Gave it 3 stars. Good book not one of his best in my opinion but a good read.I was disappointed in the ending though.
                  I LOVED UTD! One of my favorites for sure.

Comment

The Dog Stars was a terrific post-apocalyptic, stream-of-consciousness narrative (even though I thought the SOC was inconsistent and not particularly necessary to the book).

Medusa by E.H. Visiak is next. After football.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished The Hollow Earth, the spiders creeped me out the most. Now on to The Body Snatchers.
                      "now youes can't leave"
                      A Bronx Tale
                      directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Snuck in a reread of Roadside Picnic, by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky--my favorite SF novel. Back to Medusa now.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished The Circle. A quick fun read. Next up is Mister Slaughter.

Comment

Almost done with Little's The Circle. Great read so far!

Comment

Medusa was a good read. It was originally published in 1929 and it is definitely Victorian in nature. What kept me from REALLY liking it was a chapter of dense of Victorian philosophy that I've read twice and still don't completely get. The accompanying 13 short stories/essays were pretty good, too.

Started Joe Golem and The Drowning City by Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

"The Academy" by Bentley Little. I really wanted to love this, but for me, it's just ok. I think he's taking way too much time setting everything up. I'm halfway through and starting to lose interest. I'll keep going, though I keep wanting to fall into "skim" mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X