NOS4A2 first printings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOS4A2 first printings

Ok, so I got NOS4A2 from Amazon today. While it does state First Edition, the number line only goes down to 3, so I asume it is a third printing already. Anybody have a definite answer?

Mine goes down to 1 (got it at B&N). Maybe the demand has sent them into third printings already and Amazon got the short end. That happened with the latest Song of Ice and Fire book as well, if I recall.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Wow, third printing prepub is pretty fast. I wonder if the publisher underestimated the popularity of Hill or it just sold that fast.
      Last edited by Joe315; 05-01-2013, 03:41 PM. Reason: Quote not necessary

Comment

Did anyone else who got it from Amazon get a first printing??

Comment

Ok, so it turns out there is a B&N about 1 1/5 miles from work, but I told myself there was no way I was walking 3 miles round trip just to get a second copy just so I have a first printing. I told myself that for the entire 3 mile walk.

Comment

I hope they had one!
            Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            Ok, so it turns out there is a B&N about 1 1/5 miles from work, but I told myself there was no way I was walking 3 miles round trip just to get a second copy just so I have a first printing. I told myself that for the entire 3 mile walk.

Comment

Yeah, they did Martin. Not too many copies actually, but I only need one!!!

Comment

Glad you got one! I actually feel kinda weird not getting one in hand on release day. The pre-order from Waterstreet stated 'Receive on or near release day' so I knew it was a possibility though. I will be stopping by Powell's today and am determined not to buy one but it will be very tempting!
                Yeah, they did Martin. Not too many copies actually, but I only need one!!!

Comment

Assuming you care, did you find out if the Waterstreet copies are first printing?

Comment

I told myself that for the entire 3 mile walk.
                    Oh the excercise did you good, Brad! Or were you being chased by a knife wielding love doll the whole way?

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I do care, and am assuming they are 1st/1st since they had them in hand over a week in advance for the signing, packaging and shipping. It is an assumption though and I have been wrong twice before!
                      Assuming you care, did you find out if the Waterstreet copies are first printing?

Comment

You want to check just to be on the safe side.

Comment

I hope to have it in my hands when I get home tonight. Of course my stop at Powell's will be before that. Worse case I have another trip to Powell's.
                          You want to check just to be on the safe side.

Comment

So I was reading someone's listing on ebay and he claimed that a tipped in signature was not as valuable as a flat signed copy since the book had an extra page. To me it would not make a difference other than if I was getting it signed in person, so on a personal level it might be more important but would have no difference value wise.

What do you folks think.
                            If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Tipped-in...is that like a bookplate? I'd rather have flat-signed book.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X