NOS4A2 first printings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    My copy from Amazon is a 3rd printing and has a tear on the dust jacket. I swear, they either pack stuff super wonderful, or incredibly crappy. The local BJs has 1st printings, for about the same price. I have to go back when it's not pouring down rain, and get a copy, and return the Amazon.
    Have Amazon replace it with a non-torn one

Comment

the packaging is a bit slack sometimes but the only real problem I ever had with Amazon was when I ordered a Gift Edition of SOD v2 and the slipcase was not included, I returned it with no problem though
      My copy of NOS4A2 was also a 3rd printing and I'm about 200 pages in and loving it!

Comment

You and I are about the same page in the book. Great Read!
        Originally posted by Tommy View Post
        the packaging is a bit slack sometimes but the only real problem I ever had with Amazon was when I ordered a Gift Edition of SOD v2 and the slipcase was not included, I returned it with no problem though
        My copy of NOS4A2 was also a 3rd printing and I'm about 200 pages in and loving it!

Comment

I cant wait to see how it turns out

Comment

I got a signed 1st/1st from Water Street Books (and it's a pretty cool signature--he wrote on the "naughty and nice" list at the beginning that I'm nice for reading the book and he's naughty for writing it), but Joe Hill is also signing at a bookstore about an hour from my house tonight. Do I hike out there and ask him to add a sketch to my copy (and, of course, buy yet another from the store where he's signing)?

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
              I got a signed 1st/1st from Water Street Books (and it's a pretty cool signature--he wrote on the "naughty and nice" list at the beginning that I'm nice for reading the book and he's naughty for writing it), but Joe Hill is also signing at a bookstore about an hour from my house tonight. Do I hike out there and ask him to add a sketch to my copy (and, of course, buy yet another from the store where he's signing)?
              I would

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Broke down and got one, too. Hope it's a first.

From past experience with signings at Powells, If its a popular author you will be extremely lucky if its a 1st print.

I've always had to take my copy to the signing instead of buying one the day of

Comment

Here are the three copies I ordered from Water Street Books, all the books arrived safely however their packing left something to be desired, surprised they didnt get dinged up. Real cool that there was some variation, makes me want to keep all three, but I won't.

Last edited by paperdragon; 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM.
                  If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Very nice paperdragon, which ones are you planning on keeping and selling?

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                      Very nice paperdragon, which ones are you planning on keeping and selling?
                      I will keep the personalized one, I don't get one done very often, no one comes this far out to the tulies to sign books.
                      If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Just finished this and WOW! I am totally impressed with it, loved it!

Comment

Working...
                        X