X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJCams
    replied
    Originally posted by Highbury View Post
    Congrats! Got a chance to chat with Andrew awhile back, nice enough guy. I thought the book was okay, enough to have me check out previous novels from him. Enjoy!
    Cool. The storyline behind it sounds pretty interesting. Mixed reviews on Goodreads. I am always willing to give a new author (to me at least) a try and see how I like them. Plus, bonus points already for being a fellow Canadian.

Leave a comment:

• Highbury
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    So, I got an email that I won a Goodreads giveaway!

I will be getting a trade pb copy The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper
    Congrats! Got a chance to chat with Andrew awhile back, nice enough guy. I thought the book was okay, enough to have me check out previous novels from him. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied

Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I agree, most of the horror books in the giveaways don't seem very interesting when I have look lately. Entered some of the giveaways, but been passing by a lot

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    There really isn't a lot that jump out and say "You have to have me" on goodreads right now, at least for me. And, I think I said it before, but enough with the zombie books!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Looking at the entries I've requested - no luck at all. Only one entered at the moment, but might as well browse and see what's there. Not that I need more books in the TBR stack.
    LOL, I know the feeling, but how can you pass up the chance to win free books?

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Looking at the entries I've requested - no luck at all. Only one entered at the moment, but might as well browse and see what's there. Not that I need more books in the TBR stack.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Awesome, finally won another book on GR! Waiting on a copy of The Waiting by Joe Hart!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Hmm, well any time I've gone to the Amazon page from the Goodreads page of one with an ISBN instead of an ASIN it leads to an error page of sorts. Seen a couple different kind of pages I think, but the pages say they can't find the product. Don't think I have tried that with the Cemetery Dance eBooks though
    Oh I don't know about going from good reads to Amazon. I just know if you Google the isbn or put it in the Amazon search bar it should pop up.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Hmm, well any time I've gone to the Amazon page from the Goodreads page of one with an ISBN instead of an ASIN it leads to an error page of sorts. Seen a couple different kind of pages I think, but the pages say they can't find the product. Don't think I have tried that with the Cemetery Dance eBooks though

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    I really wish people would stop listing Kindle editions with ISBN 10 and 13! If people aren't going to bother finding the ASIN info, they should just leave that spot blank. I can't even guess how many books I have had to edit the details of because people either put the wrong info in to begin with or someone changed it to the wrong info. Even has one moron edit the description of a book to another language. Italian maybe? Not really sure, just know that it wasn't English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, or Arabic. The language would have been fine if it was for that edition, but I am 99% sure that it was for either the Scribner trade or Cemetery Dance's edition of Full Dark, No Stars
    That said most kindle editions still have a ISBN associated with them. I know all of our eBooks have both.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I really wish people would stop listing Kindle editions with ISBN 10 and 13! If people aren't going to bother finding the ASIN info, they should just leave that spot blank. I can't even guess how many books I have had to edit the details of because people either put the wrong info in to begin with or someone changed it to the wrong info. Even has one moron edit the description of a book to another language. Italian maybe? Not really sure, just know that it wasn't English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, or Arabic. The language would have been fine if it was for that edition, but I am 99% sure that it was for either the Scribner trade or Cemetery Dance's edition of Full Dark, No Stars

Leave a comment:

• Highbury
    replied
    Yep, it's a bit over the top but shopping for a scary book sometimes is the equivalent of shopping for a dictionary. Different cover, essentially same content

On another note, I think in bookstores they should have categories for Fiction, Non Fiction, and Dystopian YA.
    Last edited by Highbury; 10-10-2013, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    So, in my browsing of Goodreads latest horror giveaways I've noticed that, wow there are way too many zombie apocalypse and vampire related stories still going around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X