Paul is making me scared
    Walk into this room and swaggers
    Like he's God's own messenger
    Change the name of my brother
    Change the things that he said
    Says that he speaks to him
    But he never even knew the man
    But I'd give my life for him" - Toad the Wet Sprocket

Whenever I hear this song, it reminds me of "The Last Temptation of Christ". Before the movie was released (if you remember) many people were all up in arms about the horrible sacrilegious portrayal of Jesus having sex. This was part of the titular Last Temptation, where Satan shows Jesus the happy, long, and normal life He could live if He just came down from the cross and gave up on the whole saving humanity thing. Christ, of course, resists the temptation. Yes the temptation shows Jesus getting married (twice!), but I thought the most sacrilegious scene was where Jesus met Paul. Paul is preaching in the square about how Jesus died and was resurrected to save the world. When Jesus approaches and says it didn't happen, that he stepped down from the cross, Paul says that it doesn't matter. The "truth" is not what happened, but what Paul says happened. And his dead Christ is more powerful and more important than the living Jesus in front of him.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I just listened to another song that reminds me how lyrics can beautifully show us the intricacies of the human condition. Awww, who am I kidding, it's Dan Baird (who was the lead singer from The Georgia Satellites)

"Well I did not go to church last Sunday
      'Cos my sins I need not confess
      With your daddy standing at the pulpit
      I just figured staying home was best

Your physique is swelling and your waistline's telling
      Everybody knows that it's mine
      I guess the word's got around this old one store town
      And your preacher daddy, he ain't blind

Chorus) Well you got knocked up
      And I got locked up
      I guess you'd say that we both got screwed
      Well you got locked out
      And I got knocked out
      And I guess you're gonna miss a lot of school

Well you looked a damn sight older
      That night upon the hill
      And if I'd knowed what I know well I would've let you go
      But you said that you was on the pill

Well your uncle, he's the town sherriff
      Your granddaddy he's the county judge
      And I can't see a way that I'll see the light of day
      With your whole family holding a grudge

Chorus)

Well your family's got the shotgun ready
      I can hear those church bells chime
      Well I may not be ready for a wedding darling
      But I know that I'm not ready to die!

Chorus) - Dan Baird, "Knocked Up"
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

"So when u call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
        U know the one - Dr Everything'll Be Alright
        Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
        Ask him how much of your mind, baby
        'Cuz in this life
        Things are much harder than in the afterworld
        In this life
        You're on your own
        And if de-elevator tries 2 bring u down
        Go crazy - punch a higher floor" - Prince & the Revolution, "Let's Go Crazy"

Comment

I absolutely LOVE this cd man. One of my top like 20.

2012-04-21_18-36-55_572.jpg

Comment

And one of the best album titles. For those who can't read it: "Love Songs for the Hearing Impaired". He did a follow-up album called "Buffalo Nickel" but I haven't heard anything since then.

It's good to hear from you Jester. I haven't noticed many posts by you in a while.

Comment

I've been busy with a new g/f and work. I can only get on about once a week. You should see the stack of stuff I have added to my collection that is sitting in a box waiting for pics to be taken. And I've started back on the vinyl track, now to just get a player again...

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                I've been busy with a new g/f and work. I can only get on about once a week. You should see the stack of stuff I have added to my collection that is sitting in a box waiting for pics to be taken. And I've started back on the vinyl track, now to just get a player again...
                Looking forward to seeing your new additions when you get around to it Jester

Comment

If I could stand beside myself
                  would I see me or maybe someone else...

I'm searching for the man in the mirror.
                  I'm asking him to change his ways...

Well I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way...

Hope everyone's weekend is idling by slowly and delightfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                    Hope everyone's weekend is idling by slowly and delightfully.
                    Is this part of the song? lol....If not I HATECHU because Mine is idling by slowly but I am working. lol

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Please don't hate... participate. I love these rainy gloomy days for writing. Have a great day after work; do something just for yourself, Hater.

Comment

Randy, you've not met Teri as yet, have you ??? Guess you have now

Comment

The pleasure's all mine. Pleased to meet you. HOW... do you do? Greeting, well met, fellows. Hail.

Comment

Hey Randy, post of picture of your most treasured Stephen King book, and if she doesn't have it she'll hate you even more. It's made for a lot of fun on our collection threads. But in Teri's defense, she does hate with great love, and we all love her hate.

Comment

I really don't know how to post pictures on here but my favorite Stephen King book in my collection is the My Pretty Pony coffee table-sized book.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                                I really don't know how to post pictures on here
                                If I can do this, you can! Seriously.
                                I use ImageShack and use the direct link to make the images appear here...
                                Arghh...I'm sure someone can explain better.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X