No announcement yet.

Bookworm 1's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Squire. At least you got a bonus check. This year I felt lime I was Bob Kratchet and my employer was Ebenezer A Scrooge. Not only was there no Christmas bonus or Holiday bonus. 2 days before Christmas they told us they were no longer go I g to be contributing to our retirement funds effective immediately. Then they gave everyone a bag with 4 pieces of candy in it and told us to have a great holiday. That's one of the reasons I have been looking for a new job for awhile. Earlier this year they converted all our time to planned time off and eliminated 48 hours for the old timers and told us we were not going to be able to accrue anymore time till all time on the books was used up and if the new time wasn't earned and used within the year we would forfeit the time .
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Great additions, Tom! I wished I'd had my bonus check for the year when BoB was offered. Oh well.....Congratz!

Comment

^Wow that's freakin' low. I should start looking for a new job too actually. Just got a small raise, which is cool, but hours have been cut back drastically in the new year.

Comment

Sorry about the job situation. Hope you are able to find something different.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Thanks. Been looking for awhile now. Seems 25 years of loyal service counts for nothing these days.....But I still got my books..........umm I meant I still got my family.....and my books...

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
            Thanks. Been looking for awhile now. Seems 25 years of loyal service counts for nothing these days.....But I still got my books..........umm I meant I still got my family.....and my books...
            I know. We went almost six years without a raise. Got one this year, but we do have to pay into our pension now, thank goodness I've only got 5 years to go. I like my job and the people I work with, but things are really changing. I feel sorry for the young kids coming up behind me. I am looking forward to a great New year though. Hang in there guys.
            Mike

Comment

Seems the economy is tough everywhere. I had to cut back my book related purchases because of just not enough spare $ around, and that's with both my wife and I working 40 hr weeks (opposite shifts though). My daughter has been going through a lot lately (bullied in grade school, and anxiety related issues). Wife had her bonuses cut to zero. I've been lucky to get a 1/4 bonus each 1/4 (imagine that! ). Will I get a " year end" bonus....? who knows, won't find out until numbers are done in spring. Same as raise....did not get any type of increase last year. Plus, add on top of that, had both cars need repairs done which were not affordable, so only drove 1 for a while. Plus there have been a few weeks where bills had to be put off to pay for groceries.

Sorry to digress there!

Comment

Hey if you can't digress here, where can you? Just keep going, I believe things usually work out for the best. Sorry about your daughter.
                MDH

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Hey if you can't digress here, where can you? Just keep going, I believe things usually work out for the best. Sorry about your daughter.
                  MDH
                  It's been the most trying year, year and a half, I could ever imagine! Things are looking very good though.

Comment

Ahh books the perfect escape from all the life crap. Think that's why I lime horror so much.

Comment

I feel the same way. Reading is a good escape. I always thought it was my "getaway" from real life. Sports is good like that too. Nothing like having a rough day or week in life then letting it out reading a horror story or taking it out on the ice playing hockey.

Comment

^ How Canadian of you!

Comment

Some things I have gotten since Christmas some were gifts .DSC04065.jpg

Comment

This was a really cool gift. Not a book but book related.DSC04062.jpg

Comment

I'm a HUGE Rush fan. So this is great. DSC04063.jpg

Comment

A page from inside. This is 6 Blue ray discs plus a book of photos and an essay. Love it.DSC04064.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X