No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The beginning of John Byrne's reinvention of Superman after the "Crisis on Infinite Earths"

book2 009.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I thought this one had something all you guys would really enjoy, but I still need to find that one. Nice Neal Adams cover, though.

book2 010.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

This the first Sam & Max story. They have since invaded all known forms of media. Fun, fun, funny stuff.

book2 011.jpg

Comment

I think Bookworm had a Space Ghost series on his thread and I mentioned Steve Rude loving the character. Here's the book I was thinking about.

book2 012.jpg

Comment

Never have seen the Atlas of The Land. That's really cool! And love the photograph. Chuck Jones made some of the best ever and personal favorite: What's Opera, Doc?
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Then I came across my box with mini-series collections. These first sets are for Squire. So much fun!!!

book2 013.jpgbook2 014.jpgbook2 015.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Never have seen the Atlas of The Land. That's really cool! And love the photograph. Chuck Jones made some of the best ever and personal favorite: What's Opera, Doc?
                I always preferred "The Rabbit of Seville", but will concede that "Opera" is a high point in animation art.

Comment

This was one of the first attempts to reinvent Aquaman and increase his popularity. I loved the new costume (ocean camouflage), even if it didn't last. Nice logo, too.

book2 016.jpg

Comment

These are the original "Camelot 3000" issues, the first "maxi-series". We've talked about the scheduling problems this book had (I think on Squire's thread) and I noticed the dates. Issue 1 was December 1982. It should have finished in Nov. 83. Issue 12 is dated April '85. Great, great Brian Bolland art, and a pretty good story where King Arthur is reborn in the year 3000 to help fight off an alien invasion.

book2 017.jpgbook2 018.jpg
                    Last edited by TerryE; 05-17-2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

"Elektra: Assasin" by Miller and Sienkiewicz. Wild beautiful stuff.

book2 019.jpg
                      Last edited by TerryE; 05-17-2012, 02:23 AM.

Comment

"Ronin" - a great series that is largely overlooked these days.

book2 020.jpg
                        Last edited by TerryE; 05-17-2012, 02:23 AM.

Comment

This mini-series was my introduction to the worlds of Robert E. Howard beyond Conan. One day I need to read the real books.

book2 021.jpg
                          Last edited by TerryE; 05-17-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

And here's a Bernie Wrightson series that I forgot about.

book2 022.jpg

Comment

Hurray for AMBUSH BUG. If any comic needs a reboot, it's AB! And I remember having all the C3K, E:A, and Ron, but settled for keeping just the graphic novels. Great collection postings today, Terry!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks, bud. I probably should get rid of most of these originals, especially since I have TPB collections for just about everything I liked. But then I come across something like "The Weird" which will probably never be reprinted and I know why I kept them. Plus the hoarder/collector in me just can't let them go.

I don't know why some of these pictures aren't working today. They were fine when I posted, then they were gone. Then I hit edit, and saved & the pictures were there again, now gone again. Oh, DAAA-AAANNNn..!

Comment

Working...
                                X