TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update, bookworm.
    I hope Fantagraphics will re-issue much of what I haven't seen before. Which isn't really that much, as up to fairly recent, I only concentrated on Dutch publications.

sk

Comment

Quick question Terry, ol' friend. Do they still come out with Weird Tales Comics or Ripley's believe it or not comics or Vampirella comics? I know nothing of comics but I like those three. Wasn't there another classic comic series that had those various "spooky stories" in each issue? Any comic officianados (sp?) out there?

Comment

Siep knows more about the magazine comics like Creepy and the other Warren titles (was Vampirella in that bunch?). They have been getting reissued by Dark Horse Comics. As far as I know, Gemstone Comics had the most recent license for EC comic reprints (Vault of Horror, Crypt of Terror, Weird Tales, etc.), but they had big financial trouble a couple years ago and I'm not sure what's going on now. I'm not sure about what's new in anthology horror comics other than CD's "Grave Tales". Some of the other guys should know more.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Bummed out today. Maurice Sendak passed away this morning. Add that on top of Ron Kelly's dad, and George Lindsey, it's been a rough beginning to the week. (Even if I didn't know any of them)
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            Siep knows more about the magazine comics like Creepy and the other Warren titles (was Vampirella in that bunch?). They have been getting reissued by Dark Horse Comics. Some of the other guys should know more.
            Not much more. Just that Vampirella is reissued by Dynamite. Well worth checking out - like Creepy and Eerie.

sk

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

This post is mostly for my buddy Mr. Siep. Here's a good link for Disney reprints from the last 30 years.

http://www.brucehamilton.com/GLAD/AA...ages/Guide.htm

I've gathered up my albums (magazine sized squarebound comics) that Gladstone did. These are listed under #3 and #6 on the list. Instead of taking pictures of everything, I'll just list what I've found. In 3.1 and 3.2 I'm missing 4 of the albums. #6 is The Carl Barks Library in Color, a pretty darn complete reprint of Barks's work. 6.1 - I've got 1-44, 6.2 - (I don't have any of these in the 2 boxes, so there might still be another box still buried), 6.3 - I've got 1-20, and 6.4 - I've got all 9 volumes.

I'm really hoping there's another box, or I've got some shopping to do.

Comment

Oh wow, thanks, Terry!!
                  This is awesome!!
                  That 30 volume Carl Barks collection is ..is......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..practically sold!!!
                  I think I just found a new goal in life!!

sk

Comment

The owner of our store was Steve Geppi, a huge, huge Barks fan. So we carried those. It was 10 slipcased volumes of 3 books each. They were great productions, even if in black and white. But even 30 years ago they were going for $100 bucks a set (I just checked, they're much more now, whew!). I know it means waiting, but the new Fantagraphics set will be much, much more affordable in the long run.

Comment

I know, and of course I've got the first volume, but how long is it going to take before this new collection will be complete?
                      I mean, I'm not 20 years young anymore...

sk

Comment

I haven't had as much free time lately, as I started a new job. But here's a little more to add. I forgot this little item when I did my Covenant books. For all those who wished the endpaper maps were bigger, here's a whole atlas.

book2 001.jpg

Comment

I don't think we've had much talk about my affinity for classic cartoons, but I do love them. The DVD collection includes all 6 Looney Tune Golden Collections, 3 volumes of Tom & Jerry, all of the Walt Disney Treasure collections of cartoons (I came a little late to that party & had to get the first Mickey Mouse collection with Portuguese packaging), the complete Droopy, and a bootleg set of Tex Avery's career retrospective. I inherited this nice item when my former boss and friend passed away last year. Chuck Jones was always my favorite.

book2 002.jpg

Comment

And back to some of the comics. This is one of my all-time favorite storylines, and my favorite Spiderman story, "Kraven's Last Hunt". Written by J.M. DeMatteis and great art by Mike Zeck, it was contained within the 3 regular books. This is the story where Kraven shoots Spidey, buries him, and starts running around in his own Spiderman costume.

book2 003.jpgbook2 005.jpg

Comment

book2 004.jpg

Out of order but this pic didn't upload first time.

Comment

book2 006.jpgbook2 007.jpgbook2 008.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X