No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't posted here in a while. I did get my CDCC package with the story shirt by KPB, the poster, mouse pad and keychain.

And of course, there's this.

HH1.jpgHH2.jpg
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I picked this up from Centipede Press. Cover art by David Ho; color and B/W interiors by Gwabryel.

WQ1.jpgWQ2.jpgWQ3.jpg

WQ4.jpgWQ5.jpgWQ6.jpg

I only knew Rohmer as the creator of Fu Manchu. Looking forward to this 2014 read.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Also came with the card on the the cover board.

WQCvr.JPG

Here's the full wrap-around cover:

broodwitchspread0.jpg

and some proof sheets of the Endpaper art and half page art:

WQPrf2.jpg

WQPrf4.jpg

And 2 half-page art proofs:

WQPrf1.JPG

WQPrf3.JPG

Having problems with the insert image function--I'm having to use the basic uploader which only allows for one pic at a time!
        Last edited by srboone; 01-18-2014, 06:01 AM.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nice book from centipede press!

Comment

Yup centipede press hit another home run. Beautiful book.

Comment

That's a stunning book you have there, Squire!

It's great to see that Centipede Press are as awesome as ever! Thanks for posting this.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

I have been having the same issues. That is one awesome edition.I have never heard of this author or book. Beautiful.
                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Also came with the card on the the cover board.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14295[/ATTACH]

Here's the full wrap-around cover:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14288[/ATTACH]

and some proof sheets of the Endpaper art and half page art:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14296[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14297[/ATTACH]

And 2 half-page art proofs:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14298[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14299[/ATTACH]

Having problems with the insert image function--I'm having to use the basic uploader which only allows for one pic at a time!

Comment

Thanks guys. CP books are expensive. I don't have too many of them. This one came with a price sticker of 150.00 on the shrinkwrap, but it's 65.00 on the website. My grandmother had a couple of old FU manchu books in the collectio nshe left me and I red those and loved them. They're not too politically correct by today's standards: Fu Manchu is constantly labelled "the yellow peril!" I wanted to see what else Rohmer had written.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The only CP book I have is American Psycho. I think it is a very nice production. Expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                      The only CP book I have is American Psycho. I think it is a very nice production. Expensive though.
                      That book is very, very disturbing. For Bret Easton Ellis to imagine and write such graphic material, you have to wonder about the state of his mental health. As it's particular prose is written in the first person, I wondered if it was a semi autobiographical account of his own sociopathic fantasies. The guy is clearly not right, definitely misogynistic and could probably do with a psych evaluation.

I though it was like reading something written by Ted Bundy himself. However, that was the entire point and I do think the shocking nature and controversy that surrounds the book is why it has become so successful in the first place.
                      Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 01-19-2014, 05:09 PM.
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

I still need to read that book. Would love the CP copy, but I can borrow a friends paperback til then.

Comment

I love BEE's books and all of them are really sick but AP definitely wins for most disturbing although Glamorama is more violent, I wish he would get back to writing novels and leave Hollywood alone

Comment

The cover and art of the Rohmer book sure look really good - I love ancient Egypt type stuff - reviews seem very mixed though - regardless it's a very nice addition.

Comment

Some more stuff I recieved this week:

Chills by Rick Hautala

CH1.jpgCH2.jpg

Weak and Wounded by Brian James Freeman

WW1.jpgWW2.jpg

Here's my BJF library. I missed out on the ARC and HC of The Painted Darkness and the ARC of Dreamlike States (though I have S/L coming).

BJF.jpg
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Fianlly, A couple of books from B&N for this year's TBR:

C&L.jpg
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X