Clear All

Very nice! Beautiful Copy!

Comment

Nice!!
      MDH

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        Did it come in a pizza box? lol
        It did come in a pizza box! Those are anchovies it embossed with.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

That's a great looking book. I'm glad you didn't pass on it too.

Comment

The Timber Gray is fantastic, its everything we love about books
            If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Yep but I am not going to get it so Squire you can tempt someone else.

Comment

Wow, thats a really nice book! Love the signature page and the leather look and feel is a neat touch.

Comment

My plan to was go to The Conjuring on Thursday, but my back had other plans. As I reached under my bed to get my shoes, one of my lumbar discs decided to go the other way. So I spent 12 miserable hours until the backcracker's office opened on Friday. Then I spent 2 1/2 miserable days of icing my swollen disc and laying in bed. I have this thing about painkillers--I don't use them unless absolutely necessary (I passed a kidney stone without painkillers once. Once. I got a perscription for the second one). I was so miserable, I didn't want to read, so I started a Sacred 2 character and played him to level 96.

Anyway, sometime during my bed stay (not sure when), the last volume of EP's Master & Commander set arrived. So now I've got all 20 volumes.

DSCF4050.JPG

I think this set will be my goal for next year's reading. I've read the first volume, but I'll probably reread it.

The bars at the bottom of the spine represent Jack Aubrey's ranking at the time.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nice! I only have those in the trade paperback form, debating about going after the folio society set. If the bottom is the rank then the fit sure hits the shan just past halfway. LOL

Comment

Great books. They look super together. Hope you are feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                        Nice! I only have those in the trade paperback form, debating about going after the folio society set. If the bottom is the rank then the fit sure hits the shan just past halfway. LOL
                        Ha! I was wondering about that too! Maybe it's a prequel or something though. Beautiful collection anyway!

Comment

Felling much better; thanks, Pete. And no, the books are in chronological order. Aubrey probably finally pisses off an admiral and gets his rank taken from him in The Letter of Marque."

The only problem with the set is that it won't fit on one shelf (one book too many...).
                          Last edited by srboone; 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Sounds like you need a homemade, wider shelf. Nice looking set.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Very nice looking set!

Keep taking care of the back too - I have recently had some flare ups of something in the lower back/hip that keep popping up now and then - sucks!

Comment

I don't know about the backs, but I learned early on that the oil from your hands can cause the gold embossing to flake off. And so does heat. My I would rest first EP book (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn) )on my cable HD box and the back embossing stated to come off.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X