No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! I so wish I could have seen the original tour of that album. I've seen Floyd twice, both spectacular concerts, but both times it was after Waters was gone.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Here is the first of only 2 subterranean press book I have:

Kraken by China Mieville. This was the first s/l I purchased that was above $40.00. It was $75--that seemed to be the barrier I didn't want to cross, at first. I'd seen the Trade HC in stores and it looked interesting, but I never bought it. After looking at his on sp's website and watching the number of remainig copies dwindle, I finally pulled the trigger.

K3.jpg
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Cover art by Vincent Chong (my favorite artist I've encountered in collectible books--though this is my least favorite of his)

K1.jpg
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

K2.jpg

I've read this book twice now. It's a freakingcrazyinsanenuttylooneyheadtripping Lovecraftian adventure of possible apocaypses. But exactly whose apocalypse is the question.

It also has a pig with a lisp in it!
          Last edited by srboone; 02-16-2012, 09:21 PM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

sp book #2 (and the reason I won't buy from sp ever again): Zodiac by Neal Spephenson.

Z1.jpg
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Cover art by Patrick Arrasmith.

Z2.jpg
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Gee! After nearly 2 years on your website and only 283/500 sold? I wonder why.....

Z3.jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Comes with a slipcase! Cool!

Z4.jpg

Book fits snugly in the slipcase. But without the DJ!

Z5.jpg

I could've given you a picture of the mangled cover after getting it back into the case, but I decided not to do that (I thought about it though.) I also thought about showing a picture of cutting the slipcase in order to make the book w/DJ fit, but I deced not to do that either (though I gave that idea some SERIOUS thought.)
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Wait, after hours of really difficult metaphysical and quantumtative analysis (with a little simple subtraction and a big bag of Doritos), I figured out how to get the book w/DJ back in the slipcase!

Spoiler!

Sometimes, life's most difficult questions have the simplest answers. Douglas Adams was right. This is 42 if anything ever was!
                    Last edited by srboone; 02-16-2012, 09:44 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Pig with a lisp ???? How cool, I'd buy it just on that basis alone

Comment

Well, the pig is a familiar that one of the paranormal investigators conjours up with a spell that doesn't quite go right. But the darn thing is so cute she doesn't want to get rid of it.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ive ordered 3 CD grab bags where I was gettiing "in-stock books". The first two GBs gave me 7 different titles. The third one gave me two repeats. The author featured most in those three grab bags was Al Sarrantonio. Here's one I got a repeat on.

MB1.jpgMB2.jpgMB3.jpg

I'd read this book back in the 80s and was plesantly surprised when I got it from CD. It made me remember that I'd wanted to read more of his stuff, but I got sidetracked by Stephen King's stuff.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nice books.Sorry you had a bad SP experience. I have not and have found them to be easy to deal with.Maybe you could try again.That new Bently Little book they have looks good.I already ordered mine.Again sorry for your bad book experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                              Nice books.Sorry you had a bad SP experience. I have not and have found them to be easy to deal with.Maybe you could try again.That new Bently Little book they have looks good.I already ordered mine.Again sorry for your bad book experience.
                              It is what it is; it wasn't the book itself, it was schafer's handling of the situation--he gave me the impression that he didn't care.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The next repeat I got from a CD grab bag ias this Sarrantonio title:

HL1.jpgHL2.jpgHL3.jpg

Shortly into reading it, I realized that this was the final book of a series. So of course I had to go find the orthers!

I've purchased other CD grab bags, but, they've been ones where I was relatively sure of not getting any repeats. The book I got with these two repeats in my 3rd Grab Bag was Tim Lebbon's Last Exit for the Lost.--an excellent title that made the price of the GB wothwhile!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X