No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visited B&N again today (since it's a block away from my movie theater) and took a look around. I found this in the Bargain Bin. I don't know that I'll ever read it and if I hadn't just read Carrion Comfort, I would have passed by it without a thought.

DSCF3478 (480x640).jpg

It is a 1st print trade HC.

DSCF3479 (640x480).jpg

But when I looked at the title page, I saw this.

None of the other copies of BH there had this. I looked online and it appears to be his signature and it doesn't appear to be a facsimile. I can't say where and when it was signed (though I can probably make up a good story) and I'll have to do some work to rejuvenate the DJ, but it looks like I got a signed copy for $4.39 (with my rewards member ship and coupons)!
    Last edited by srboone; 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

WOW!! Now that is a steal! And from the bargain bin!! Congrats Squire!

Comment

Very nice. This book is in my tbr pile..I have the sub press signed edition and the trade pb. This is one I hope to get to this year.

Comment

Hello jackpot! Nice find again. Want to buy me a LottoMax ticket for tonight? It's only $30mil.

Comment

Very impressive collection, so jealous, I will be posting my collection soon. I found a signed copy of a Chuck Palahniuk book in the bargain section at B&N once, actually four signed and stamped copies of Snuff hardcover for 3.99 each so now I obsessively search the bargain books for signatures

Comment

Cool! I think I'm gona start combing them for signed copies as well!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Today's mail included

02-01-2013 04;22;15PM (424x640).jpg02-01-2013 04;23;42PM (418x640).jpg

Can't wait to dive into this one!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

If I were an author I'd randomly go into book stores and sign a few copies when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Looks like a photo-shopped job to me.
                    I actually gasped when I saw it. It looks like my forarm did when I broke it.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Another package from CD. I've been looking at this for more than a year and finally bit with a 50% off coupon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11568[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]11567[/ATTACH]

I have the ARC that I got in an SK grab bag along with an SOD1 a while back.
                      I got this in the dinged books sale and I couldn't find anything wrong with it other than it not having a DJ, which Dan was kind enough to send me after I mentioned I was looking for one.

Comment

Ha! Teriw, I did the same thing! I love CD and their dinged books!

Comment

OMG! Where did you get this? I'm so jealous of you right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            If I were an author I'd randomly go into book stores and sign a few copies when no one is looking.

Me too. But make sure your recognizable so you don't get arrested.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/books/st...ing-alice.html

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I remember that one!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                                OMG! Where did you get this? I'm so jealous of you right now!
                                I had to order it online.

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                                I don't think it's carried instore. At least it wasn't in any B&N stores in KC.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X