srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    Really nice eclectic bunch of books there. I have now put Michael Moorcock on my find-a-book-of-his list.
    Glad to hear that; here's a good place to start. It's from Moorcock's official website, that he monitors and posts on himself. This is a "suggested" order of reading and I tend to agree with it. I might switch the first two omibus' (Von Bek and The Eternal Champion)around; but really, you can really start anywhere. I started with Elric Saga and never looked back. Currently, he has a six volume paperback omnibus edition collection of all his Elric stories and vignettes (each about $10 on AMazon.)

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=3562

Enjoy!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

I love a good slipcase!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I am so bored. I actually spent an hour doing this. my computer skills are rudimentary at best.
          wish i was that bored.I tried to set up a page for my collectio and the files from my computer would not open in the pictures section.My 14 year old and 12 year old boys were sick this weekend so
          they could not bail out their dad.So I would gladly take your rudimentary skills cokpared to my own.I have been a member of this board since it opened and it took
          me till september to figure out how to post properly.Nice Job with the slip cases.I plan on picking up some slip cases at the end of the year if mysaving certificate
          still has money on it.If I spend $1200 on books I might need a new house.

Comment

What I found amazing was that I was unable to find an animation of female legs walking--well, I did, but the body was there too and I didn't want that. So I had to go with what I posted. I sure there are online tools to edit a gif, but I couldn't find one. I don't have a 12 and 14 yearlod handy to advise me--I got a 10 year old nephew who's a phone call away, but...
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just don't go grafting other body parts onto the SK volumes, would be just plain weird, whilst at the same time strangely appealing

Comment

I think (and hope) that it was a one time deal--it didn't turn out like I'd thought, so I'm ready to move on. Of course, "the copycat killer" is almost a proverb...
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

True, Squire, true

Comment

I really need to get a larger mailbox. But I found this crammed into it:

Pure1.jpg

along with this:

Woman.jpg

Pure will probably be my next read; I hope it doesn't degenerate into a love story--Auel's Earth's CHildren series started out great with The Clan of the Cave Bear and then lost my interest when it became a love story between Ayla and Jondolar. But I'll give it a try...

And of course The Woman a must ASAP...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nice adds Mr Boone (although I do enjoy the Auel series)

Comment

Got this one today.

JC1.jpg

This is the 2003 omnibus edition. The last four stories are different from the 1976 edition.

JC2.jpg

The last one, Firing the Cathedral, is a novella concerning the aftermath of 9/11--the first edition of it was a signed/limited from PS publishing. I opted for this edition first since I didn't have the last four stories at all. Most of the others I have multiple copies of since they were reprinted in several of his anthologies.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Here is the 1976 version of the book:

JC3.jpg

No table of contents in this one, but here's the stamp from the used bookstore.

JC4.jpg

Dean's was my favorite haunt in college. I got loads of old books from here. One day, he put a ton of old Moorcock paperbacks on the shelf and I bought 'em all. As a poor college student, I was facing the prospect of not eating for 2 days after that trip to the store; luckily, I had had some offers for home-cooked meals that I decided to accpet. I wasn't interested in either of the young ladies, but that wasn't the point. A man's gotta eat.

Besides, I the cock-o-the-walk with my fellow bibliophiles after that sacrifice.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I love old paperbacks.When my library has a .10 sale I purchase what I can.I have been finding old robert bloch and charles l. grant stuff lately.

Comment

Killing Ghost ARC arrived today. I read the intro and am intrigued. Alas, it's currently far down the list, but since my TBR is pretty dynamic, that could change.

KG.jpg

Superbowl's tommorrow; no mail on Sunday anyway, so that's ok. But I must spend a dry Monday with no packages, then my next one's on Tuesday.
                              Last edited by srboone; 02-04-2012, 10:15 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hey, you could get it early, never know. A lot of my USPS stuff arrives before the estimated date
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X