Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srboone
    replied
    I was a beta reader for Kenneth Cain's (ozmosis7 on the forum) Fresh-Cut (Tails) Tales. I received my comp copy in the mails today.

DSCF4136 (471x640).jpgDSCF4148 (473x640).jpg

Looking forward to see how they turned out!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Thanks, guys. I am so happy with this book, I'm glad I decided to get it. I've not read a lot of Barker's works, but the ones I have read I really enjoyed. Finally I thought that it would be nice to have the S/Ls of both 25th ann. eds (It and WW) and it turns out they compliment each other very well. I'm still wondering if it was a coodinated effort.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy
    replied
    Wow that Weavewrold is a stunning edition, I would very much like to own one some day

Leave a comment:

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    [QUOTE=TJCams;55178]What a nice book - I love Clive Barker's movies, but have yet to read anything by him. [/QUOTE

First thing I read by him was Mister B. Gone. HUGE mistake! Pick anything but that, ignore at all costs!

Leave a comment:

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    That's a beautiful book. You're a lucky man.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    What a nice book - I love Clive Barker's movies, but have yet to read anything by him.

Leave a comment:

• Highbury
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Yeah. That was one I bought through CD with a gift certificate I had gotten on sale for 50% off, then used a 40% off coupon to get the S/L edition. A $250 edition ended up costing me around $82.00 with shipping.

I'm happy.

I didn't know CD even had some for sale, crap.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Well played, well played indeed!!! (followed by cackling villain laughter...just because)
    MDH

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Yeah. That was one I bought through CD with a gift certificate I had gotten on sale for 50% off, then used a 40% off coupon to get the S/L edition. A $250 edition ended up costing me around $82.00 with shipping.

I'm happy.

Leave a comment:

• Highbury
    replied
    Nice! That one has been on my wishlist.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Pssshaw, not impressed! *so jealous*

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    The appendices include exceperts from WW when orginally envisioned as a children's book.

1. Synopsis/treatment of the book with illustrations by Barker.) WW7.jpg

2. Typed/hand-edited manuscript pages for The Prologue.

WW8.jpg

3. Typed/hand-edited manuscript pages for Part One: Firmament.

WW9.jpg

Overall, a stellar production by Earthling, but one that is reminiscent of CD's IT. Makes me wonder if Earthling copied CD's format or if these two 25th Ann. Editions were designed together.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Very nice addition.
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Found another package on my doorstep when I woke up this afternoon! Earthling's S/L Weaveworld.

Beautiful red leather Traycase.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13100[/ATTACH]

No title on the jacket, just Richard A. Kirk's lovely art. I like that touch in a cased collectible book.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13101[/ATTACH]

And the stamping on the leather binding is much cleaner than the stamping on the cloth binding of the limited edition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13103[/ATTACH]

No. 339/350.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13098[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• subie09lega
    replied
    That's cool, very beautiful book.
    I haven't read Weaveworld since, well, probably since it was released. I just got another copy in the mail yesterday to reread it; can't really remember anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Found another package on my doorstep when I woke up this afternoon! Earthling's S/L Weaveworld.

Beautiful red leather Traycase.

WW1.jpgWW2.jpg

No title on the jacket, just Richard A. Kirk's lovely art. I like that touch in a cased collectible book.

WW3.jpg

And the stamping on the leather binding is much cleaner than the stamping on the cloth binding of the limited edition.

WW4.jpgWW5.jpg

No. 339/350.

WW6.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X