• Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats on The Dark Man. Looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    I just love the slipcase for Dark Man, I can't wait to get my copy (probably some time this week)

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Lookin' good - and yes, what a nice surprise from CD this turned out to be.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
    I think so too. Nice, neat, and compact. I need to learn how to do that.
    It's just pasting pics into the basic paint program. I'm not to literate past the simple stuff on these machines.

The Dark Man is a brilliant production. I'm very happy with it. Congratz to all those who snagged a signed copy!

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied
    All that 'The Dark Man' artwork is fantastic - great addition to your collection.

Leave a comment:

• Neiaushie79
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    I like the pic Squire, looks pretty cool in my opinion.
    I think so too. Nice, neat, and compact. I need to learn how to do that.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    I like the pic Squire, looks pretty cool in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    The slipcased edition of The Dark Man arrived today. I tried something new with my pic for this: I put scans of the two sides of the bookmark together with a pic of the book. I'm not really happy with it, but oh well.

THEDARKMAN.jpg

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I don't know about the backs, but I learned early on that the oil from your hands can cause the gold embossing to flake off. And so does heat. My I would rest first EP book (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn) )on my cable HD box and the back embossing stated to come off.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    Very nice looking set!

Keep taking care of the back too - I have recently had some flare ups of something in the lower back/hip that keep popping up now and then - sucks!

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Sounds like you need a homemade, wider shelf. Nice looking set.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Felling much better; thanks, Pete. And no, the books are in chronological order. Aubrey probably finally pisses off an admiral and gets his rank taken from him in The Letter of Marque."

The only problem with the set is that it won't fit on one shelf (one book too many...).
    Last edited by srboone; 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Originally posted by Highbury View Post
    Nice! I only have those in the trade paperback form, debating about going after the folio society set. If the bottom is the rank then the fit sure hits the shan just past halfway. LOL
    Ha! I was wondering about that too! Maybe it's a prequel or something though. Beautiful collection anyway!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Great books. They look super together. Hope you are feeling better.

Leave a comment:

• Highbury
    replied
    Nice! I only have those in the trade paperback form, debating about going after the folio society set. If the bottom is the rank then the fit sure hits the shan just past halfway. LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X