Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Another favorite. Karloff, as The Monster, remains the #1 horror icon as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Absolutely hate these covers.
        More commercial?? I don't get it.

Comment

This is more like it, although still a photograph. Plus a peek inside..One of the best issues ever.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

There are some truly beautiful (in the eyes of the beholder) covers amongst those that you've posted Siep - very, very nice indeed - kudos

Comment

Beautiful indeed! Fanzines are fantastic!

Comment

Thanks, Grant - and yes, Pete, I agree, fanzines are fantastic.

Another magazine I just have to mention here is Famous Monsters of Filmland. Ask Spielberg, King, John Landis, Peter Jackson etc. etc. about their early influences and FM will be mentioned, together with editor Forrest J. Ackerman. In 1958 issue#1 was published; March 1983 # 191. The end of an era. Although...FM did return.
                      The best covers were those painted by Basil Gogos and Ken Kelly. Especially the portraits Gogos painted were just awesome. Kelly's covers were quite different, but very effective.
                      Here's a sampling of some of the best (later) issues. (I sold the early ones...)

sk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Love those magazine covers Siep, I recall reading a bunch of these issues back in the late 70's and early 80's - ah, the nostalgia

Comment

Working...
                                X