No announcement yet.

Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except for the first Tolkien calendar, I don't think I ever actually hung my calendars.
    You're right Grant, they are in great condition.
    Three to go.....

sk

Comment

There are only a handful of authors I'd consider collectible. Dan Simmons is one of these.
      From the moment I saw this cover, I just knew I had to buy this book: Hyperion, not an easy read, but definitely worth the effort.
      Today the limited arrived!

sk

Comment

Easily within my top-3 of most effective covers ever!

Last edited by frik51; 05-15-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Last edited by frik51; 05-15-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

That's one beautiful book, Siep

Comment

Agreed. I'm not familar with the story, but that is at least one beautifully creepy cover!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

There's Hyperion plus a sequel, The Fall of Hyperion.
                I do hope Subterranean will do a limited of the latter book as well.

sk

Comment

Got another one for ya man, saw this in Previews a few weekends ago.

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Tolkien-...endar___406279

Comment

Hey, thanks for the link. That'll be a pre-order for sure!!

sk

Comment

Never heard of Dan Simmons til I got my Cujo and now I keep seeing his name everywhere. Should I read his forward or afterword or whatever he wrote for cujo before I read my e-Cujo? (Cujo is not soon om my list though, still working on Lisey then its looking like Carrie)

Comment

YES.
                        Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                        Never heard of Dan Simmons til I got my Cujo and now I keep seeing his name everywhere. Should I read his forward or afterword or whatever he wrote for cujo before I read my e-Cujo? (Cujo is not soon om my list though, still working on Lisey then its looking like Carrie)

Comment

To those of you (Squire, Teri, others??) who never read anything by Dan Simmons, what the heck are you waiting for? Simmons is one of the few authors I faithfully read, whatever he comes up with. He's an excellent writer and deserves a huge following. Carrion Comfort is one of the best novels I've ever read. It's about vampires of a different kind. Awesome, awesome book! Stephen King called Summer of Night ...one of those rare must-read books, easily surpassing Clive Barker's Books of Blood. The Hyperion novels contain some of the best fantasy/sf prose ever written (imo.. ), and The Terror is one of my favorite novels of the past ten years.
                          Enough said. Now read Simmons!

sk

Comment

Simmons is someone I have heard a lot of good things about his writing but have never read. I will have to correct that soon.
                            Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                            To those of you (Squire, Teri, others??) who never read anything by Dan Simmons, what the heck are you waiting for? Simmons is one of the few authors I faithfully read, whatever he comes up with. He's an excellent writer and deserves a huge following. Carrion Comfort is one of the best novels I've ever read. It's about vampires of a different kind. Awesome, awesome book! Stephen King called Summer of Night ...one of those rare must-read books, easily surpassing Clive Barker's Books of Blood. The Hyperion novels contain some of the best fantasy/sf prose ever written (imo.. ), and The Terror is one of my favorite novels of the past ten years.

sk

Comment

when I looked him up he didn't seem like someone i'd be interested in. Maybe because he seemed to lean more toward fantasy than horror.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                                I think I have a couple paperback copies of Summer of Night sitting here. I might have to read that then.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X