No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't matter, the fact that you HAVE it that's important. Never rebind it it. Take care of it, but if the cover falls off, keep it with it. That's a terrific piece there!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I definitely won't rebind it then. Only a couple of pages are actually still bound in, the rest are all loose. I actually remembered I had it because you were posting books once owned by your grandmother. Thanks for that.

Comment

I agree with Squire, Take care of it and do not rebind it. Great item to have.

Comment

You're welcome, Joe. I have a lot of rubberbanded items of my grand and great-grand parents.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The Websters is just fantastic Joe, worth far more than a lot of other "collectibles" that one sees - yours has history, moreover, personal meaning !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
              The Websters is just fantastic Joe, worth far more than a lot of other "collectibles" that one sees - yours has history, moreover, personal meaning !!!
              Strangely, according to the first page, the dictionary wasn't published by Webster. It doesn't say who did, I may be missing that page. Maybe that was commonplace in the 1920s.

Comment

Interesting.I agree with everyone else that is indeed a special addition.

Comment

Two Clive Cussler books that I got signed recently. Sahara was the first of his I read, right before the movie came out. Haven't read Dragon yet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

UK and US first of editions of Straight Razor Cure (Low Town in the US). I think this would be best described as a fantasy crime book. I'm about 1/3rd the way through. It's pretty good so far.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Joe315; 04-03-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Amazonia by James Rollins. He is probably my favourite author, and this is the first book of his that I read. Although this particular copy was a later addition.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Really envy you the signed Cussler's Joe !!!! He's one of my favourite non-horror writers (even though they're big boofy blokes books I love 'em !!!)

Comment

I really enjoy his books. The co-written books aren't as good as his solo stuff but, imo, the best of his co-written works are the ones with Jack DuBrul.

Comment

Terrific signed editions, Joe. Looking forward to more! (I think I've read one Cussler novel--Raise the Titanic--shortly after the movie came out.)
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Great stuff. I read 1 Cussler novel a long long time ago.I enjoyed it but have not read anything else by him.My TBR pile is more then big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                                Amazonia by James Rollins. He is probably my favourite author, and this is the first book of his that I read. Although this particular copy was a later addition.
                                delightfully creepy cover. Love it

Comment

Working...
                                X