Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    I think Goldsboro Books, who published that version, are still selling some but they are at 250 pounds. I got mine from a seller on abebooks.com for less then that.
    Same here, and, yep, is was far less than UK 250

Comment

Andy McDermott's Chase/Wilde series of which I'm missing the third book. If you haven't read his books yet they are Cussleresque.

IMG_1074.jpgIMG_1078.jpg
      IMG_1079.jpgIMG_1080.jpg
      IMG_1081.jpgIMG_1082.jpg

Comment

The Crucifix Killer, The Executioner, and The Night Stalker by Chris Carter.

IMG_1096.jpg
        IMG_1097.jpgIMG_1098.jpg

Comment

Rivers of London and Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch. I wish I had gotten the first one signed but I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it or not, now they are a bit pricey. I was lucky enough to snag a first printing while I was in London last year though. And I have the third one on order already.

IMG_1092.jpgIMG_1094.jpg

Comment

Reapers Are the Angels by Alden Bell. Another I wish I had gotten signed when it first came out.

IMG_1083.jpgIMG_1084.jpg

Comment

Random by Craig Robertson

IMG_1099.jpgIMG_1100.jpg

Comment

Tell All by Chuck Palahniuk. Haven't read this yet but I'll get to it eventually.

IMG_1058.jpgIMG_1059.jpg
                IMG_1060.jpg

Comment

Some nice editions there, Joe; some by authors I've never heard of--I like that! You've a nice collection of Palahniuk's there; any of them signed/1sts?
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I have Lullaby, Rant (Limited Edition), Diary (ARC) and Tell-All signed. I have a first edition of Fight Club that I hope to get signed at some point. I was planning on going to a signing a couple years ago but life intervened. Maybe I will be able to go when his next book is released. I also have Snuff and Pygmy firsts but they are not signed.
                    Last edited by Joe315; 03-02-2012, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I don't know how I feel about him stamping the text of lullaby, but if it's still legible, then I guess I'm ok with it. Damned was released a while ago. I guess you mean the one after that...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                        I think Goldsboro Books, who published that version, are still selling some but they are at 250 pounds. I got mine from a seller on abebooks.com for less then that.
                        Yeah, i'm just not sure i can justify that price though!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          I don't know how I feel about him stamping the text of lullaby, but if it's still legible, then I guess I'm ok with it. Damned was released a while ago. I guess you mean the one after that...
                          My copy of lullaby is just signed, and yes the one after Damned. Was that any good? The story didn't really interest me so I've put off buying it.

Comment

Like all his stuff, it's amusing to say the least. I enjoyed it; of course, I really liked Haunted and that was supposed to he his worst.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I've enjoyed all his stuff as well. Pygmy was the first I read and somehow I was able to read Fight Club before seeing the movie. I enjoyed Haunted as well, definetly not his worst.

Comment

This isn't a collectible book. It's a pocket dictionary that belonged to my grandfather. I think its pretty cool because my grandpa and dad put their names and childhood addresses in the back so of course I had to add mine, but its falling apart and I am not sure if it will last much longer without being rebound. It is also missing a few pages here and there. I added the blue inked birthdays just to have a point of reference.

IMG_1110-1.jpgIMG_1112-1.jpg
                                IMG_1113copy-2.jpg

In case you were wondering the area I whited out is something I actually still use in my day to day life.
                                Last edited by Joe315; 03-09-2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X