No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice haul. I almost pulled the trigger on a few of these. Muse is interesting to me and the coupon is still active.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Last 24 hours have been slightly expensive for book buying:

CD 50% Off Sale:
    Muse
    The Girl on the Porch
    Knight of the Word

Dark Regions:
    Rosemary’s Baby Artist Edition (Suntup)
    —Took advantage of the Gold Coin promotion to get a 50% Off coupon and gift card.

Subterranean (through Camelot)
    The Chalk Man (everyone’s praise on the forum for Tudor pushed me over the edge)
    In the Shadow of Spindrift House

Now I’m very seriously considering the following:
    Upgrading to the limited of Rosemary’s Baby
    Or picking up the Artist Editions of Misery and Horns
    Anybody want to push me in one direction or the other? Are Subtup’s Artist Editions that nice to quench the thirst? The limited editions SO much better that I’ll never look back?
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Nice haul. I almost pulled the trigger on a few of these. Muse is interesting to me and the coupon is still active.
      The CD coupon is still active? What's the code? Cap
      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        The CD coupon is still active? What's the code? Cap
        I think it was the SNOW50 coupon but I thought it was only valid for one day.

Comment

I think it ended up being active for 2 days, but yea it should be disabled now.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

A few new arrivals over the last couple of weeks:

* WEIRD FICTION REVIEW 9, tpb, Centipede Press

* RAIN DOGS, Gary McMahon, signed/#d HC, Humdrumming

* BEARDLESS WARRIORS / BROTHERS IN ARMS, Richard Matheson, signed/#d 2-vol. HC set, Gauntlet Press
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Got it today. Very nice book.
              IAL1 - Copy.jpgIAL2 - Copy.jpgIAL3 - Copy.jpg
              Last edited by mhatchett; 02-25-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

A couple of more shots
                IAL 5 - Copy.jpg
                Last edited by mhatchett; 02-25-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Very nice, Mike...especially impressive is that two-page b&w spread. I don't have room on my shelves for multiple editions of the same book, but otherwise I'd be all over this one.

Comment

Thanks Ron. I actually picked this up because it did fill a hole in my collection. I have the 1st edition Gold Medal paperbcak but I didn't have a hardback, so it seemed like a perfect chose. It is a very nice book, good artwork and Joe Hill's intro rounds it out.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      A few new arrivals over the last couple of weeks:

* WEIRD FICTION REVIEW 9, tpb, Centipede Press

* RAIN DOGS, Gary McMahon, signed/#d HC, Humdrumming

* BEARDLESS WARRIORS / BROTHERS IN ARMS, Richard Matheson, signed/#d 2-vol. HC set, Gauntlet Press
                      I just read Rain Dogs-Great book! Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                        I just read Rain Dogs-Great book! Cap
                        Good to hear...it’s one I’ve wanted to own and read for years.

Comment

Congrats on I Am Legend, Mike. I purchased it as a part of my Hill collection.

Comment

Thanks Brian!

Comment

The Folio Society edition of Something Wicked This Way Comes arrived yesterday. A few comments. I wish the overall color was more Pumpkiny, if that makes sense. The yellow is almost acid. I know we’ve had a discussion about the value of introductions in the past, but I’ve come to enjoy and appreciate a good introduction, I think it can add some perspective to the book. Now I’m not familiar with comic stylings of Mr. Frank Skinner. I’m sure he’s very good or dating somebody’s wife on the editorial staff, no, I kid, I kid, but his intro missed the mark for me. Which is sad because I think a book of this stature deserves a bang up intro. Finally, why does Mr. Dark look like the GD Joker?? I don’t get it. Now it may sound like I don’t like this book, but I do, just not all of it lol! I think it was a good buy and a nice addition to my collection, it’s just not my favorite edition. Worth the money for sure.SW 1.jpg
                              SW2.jpg
                              sw3.jpg
                              SW4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                The Folio Society edition of Something Wicked This Way Comes arrived yesterday. A few comments. I wish the overall color was more Pumpkiny, if that makes sense. The yellow is almost acid. I know we’ve had a discussion about the value of introductions in the past, but I’ve come to enjoy and appreciate a good introduction, I think it can add some perspective to the book. Now I’m not familiar with comic stylings of Mr. Frank Skinner. I’m sure he’s very good or dating somebody’s wife on the editorial staff, no, I kid, I kid, but his intro missed the mark for me. Which is sad because I think a book of this stature deserves a bang up intro. Finally, why does Mr. Dark look like the GD Joker?? I don’t get it.
                                All good points.

(Edited to remove the rest of my earlier post...upon reflection, I feel like I was a bit too critical of the design features of the book and like I was dumping on someone else’s nice acquisition, even if I was just agreeing and expanding upon the points, which wasn’t my intent at all.)
                                Last edited by RonClinton; 03-03-2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X