No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why would I buy a 60 year old paperback anthology? The cover is pretty neat. The publisher, Lion Library is pretty neat. It's edited by master anthologist Judith Merril, look her up, what an intersting life. could there be another reason? Yes!
    IMG_0555.jpg IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0557.jpg
    One of my favorite Ray Bradbury stories, The Homecoming, signed by the man himself!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-25-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      So why would I buy a 60 year old paperback anthology? The cover is pretty neat. The publisher, Lion Library is pretty neat. It's edited by master anthologist Judith Merril, look her up, what an intersting life. could there be another reason? Yes!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17016[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]17014[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]17015[/ATTACH]
      One of my favorite Ray Bradbury stories, The Homecoming, signed by the man himself!
      Very nice!

Comment

I like it! A great find.

John

Comment

Awesome find!

Comment

Gothic novel #1:

SAM_1319 - Copy.JPG
            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Very nice looking edition. I've never heard of it though.

Comment

A great find today at a yard sale. I couldn't believe I found this poster laying against a pile of stuff. Made my day!
                IMG_0560.jpg
                Mike

Comment

I love it! Nice snag!

Comment

I really like that too. Congratulations!

John

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm always surprised at the stuff you can find.

Comment

Picked these books up from Better World Books. Let me start by saying I have mixed feelings about my order. I love Ray Bradbury and was looking to punch up my non-fiction/bio titles. The price was great, with free shipping. What I received was 2 ex-library books and one title without a dustjacket. Great for informational reading. But honestly, how collectable would any of these titles be? Probably not at all lol! So I guess, I’m somewhat satisfied with Better World Books, but I couldn’t really recommend them if you’re looking for anything other than a reading copy. They don’t really describe the books at all, so you just don’t know what you’re getting until the package arrives.IMG_0563.jpg

Comment

Love that Hobbit print!

Just got this set and haven't seen the whole series but what a great show. Garner as a tough but gentle, smart but perplexed P.I. and genuinely good guy that's always in over his head and often loses in some way.

Rockford.jpg
                          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks! Great show, so many neat characters and actors.
                            Mike

Comment

Never seen the show but it looks like a great boxset.

Comment

The Rockford Files is amazing. James Garner is one of my all-time favorite actors.

Comment

Working...
                                X