Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.
    Ghost Story Press only published for a few years, in the mid 1990's. Will post some pics of the others I have, in my collection thread asap.

Comment

My latest arrived today:

And the publisher's letter:

John

Comment

How do I become a colleague so I can get in on this sweet, sweet ARC action?

Comment

Very nice John! Have you started reading it yet?

Comment

There are at least four stories in this that I haven't read--Bad Little Kid, Drunken Fireworks, Mister Yummy and Obits. I plan on starting those very, very soon. I'll read those, then later will reread the others.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
              There are at least four stories in this that I haven't read--Bad Little Kid, Drunken Fireworks, Mister Yummy and Obits. I plan on starting those very, very soon. I'll read those, then later will reread the others.

John
              Sounds like a good idea to me!

Comment

It's been a while since I've had any additions to add to this thread. I recently picked up the PS edition of Allison Littlewood's The Unquiet House. It popped up on a few 2014 award lists, so I thought I'd grab it. The relatively affordable price of the PS limited made it a no-brainer.

I bought Exotic Gothic Vol 5 a few months ago, but just realized I never took pictures of the set.

Comment

I now own 3 PS titles, and I'm not sure what I think yet. I do love the printed boards, the end papers and the overall design. With all the nice features, their smaller size still makes them feel "cheaper" than they should feel. I also kind of wish the printed boards featured something different, other than a variation on the dust jacket art. I'm pretty happy with them, and will definitely buy more of their titles. Their overall aesthetics manage to win out in the end for me.

Comment

Stellar pics as always, yo.

I think I would agree it would be nice with different art on the jacket and boards, but it was always kinda cool seeing the art on the boards themselves so I never really thought about it. PS does produce a nice, more compact but well made book. I'm happy with the small number I've purchased.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Plasticine: Beautiful editions!

Comment

Very nice pics!

Comment

Finally picked up 'Ash', by Herbert. Really nice edition, for a mass market limited edition. Signed, but not numbered, very nice embossed d/j. Shrink wrap still on in first pic.

Herbert_zpsbvyuhb0c.jpg IMAG0427_zpsvuh1ojfz.jpg
                          IMAG0428_zps91szxoze.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post

I now own 3 PS titles, and I'm not sure what I think yet. I do love the printed boards, the end papers and the overall design. With all the nice features, their smaller size still makes them feel "cheaper" than they should feel. I also kind of wish the printed boards featured something different, other than a variation on the dust jacket art. I'm pretty happy with them, and will definitely buy more of their titles. Their overall aesthetics manage to win out in the end for me.
                            I picked up Exotic Gothic a few months ago it's a nice volume but still yet to read it though. Might have to pick up the rest of the series if I end up liking it.
                            I also picked up a few PS titles. Let me just say that when order the 3 books I was sent the trade edition and not the signed edition. Quick email to PS and Nicky got back to me and sent me the correct copies right away. Awesome customer service and a steal of a deal too. I have a few books from them now and all I've been pleased with. The only minor criticism I have is like you said the printed boards is exactly the same as the dust jacket. I really see no point, might as well have no dust jacket as it's redundant having the same graphics.
                            The 3 books that arrive are Scream Quietly, Edge of Dark Water, and The Butterfly Man. I finished reading Edge of Dark Water a week or two ago. Was a good read, it certainly had it's moments I just wasn't fond of the ending that's all.

Pretty thick book. It's got a few photos and illustrations but not many.

Last edited by Julzz; 08-20-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Also got these books from Easton Press. The Neil Gaiman I can't wait to read. I'm really becoming a fan of their Signed Edition series. I feel that it's good value for the money for what you get. Definitely going to pick up more.

I really like the illustrations in the Rubaiyat and the paper used feels exactly the same as CD's Carrie. Love it. Though the leather used is somewhat questionable but we shall see how it turns out when it ages.

Comment

Love the Eastons, the illustrations in The Rubaiyat are stunning!

Comment

Working...
                                X