Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    The Tremblay books were larger in size than I expected (that's what she said) - I only have one other Thunderstorm book and that's the Chizmar one from a year or two back.

I usually don't comment on "fancy" endpapers, but I really like the marbling on these. They look really sharp.

RonClinton - I've eyeballed that Folio edition of True Grit for ages now, but just never pulled the trigger on it. I may have to correct that soon. Of course, I did just learn that I owe $2k in taxes this year so that hurts.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    True Grit was good. I'd never read it, and just got the e-book a few months ago.

Let the Right One In and a signed 1st edition of Harlan Ellison's Approaching Oblivion arrived today. I had my Suntup books sandwiched between King and Ellison, but I've run out of room. Again.

I have a few more Ellison books on the way, so it's time to rearrange things.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks. I like the idea of reading in style as well. It's much more fun that way.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Let me know if you can't find it. I have a trade-paperback of it that I bought intending to read, before throwing caution to the wind and ordering the deluxe Folio edition so as to read it in style.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Congrats. The Tremblay books look very sharp.

On a side note I thought I had purchased a copy of True Grit but don't see it anywhere.
    Let me know if you can't find it. I have a trade-paperback of it that I bought intending to read, before throwing caution to the wind and ordering the deluxe Folio edition so as to read it in style.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats. The Tremblay books look very sharp.

On a side note I thought I had purchased a copy of True Grit but don't see it anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Just received the new Paul Tremblay set from Thunderstorm Books, and in fact featured it today on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...875872257?s=20

Also received IN THE SHADOWS OF MEN, the S/L HC from Robert Jackson Bennett, published by Subterranean Press. Got it at a sweet deal on one of their recent blowout/ding (no dings on this one) sale. I don't believe I've ever read Bennett, but the idea of a haunted, desolate motel with historical overtones sold me immediately upon its announcement...glad to finally have it.

I ordered the Folio Society edition of TRUE GRIT a week or so ago, and it should be here in a few days, according to the tracking. Looking forward to it...it's an American classic, some say THE American Classic, and I've never read it. I decided it was time to remedy that, and this is a gorgeous edition in which to do it. Here's a great video featuring the Folio edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjytUxI6biY

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I had the option to choose the blue, but mustard is what I had in my hand and I think it looks great. Like you, the blue looked better in the initial photos, plus I just love blue.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Stardust looks very nice. The speckling is cool and the marbling and orange/mustard looks very sharp. Congrats!
    In the pre-order photos, I greatly preferred the blue to the mustard. But having both in hand, the mustard really looks great in person.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Stardust looks very nice. The speckling is cool and the marbling and orange/mustard looks very sharp. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I believe it was on Wednesday (time in 2020 is an illusion . . .) that my anniversary present from my wife arrived.

When this book was announced, I gave serious thought to buying it, but ultimately passed because of the expense at the time was hard to justify, and I already have two other versions.

To say I was surprised that she bought this for me as a present would be quite the understatement. I was almost speechless.

20201224_001057821_iOS.jpg
    20201224_001136747_iOS.jpg20201224_001150133_iOS.jpg

20201224_001115295_iOS.jpg

This is the mustard edition of Stardust from Lyra's Books. I was given the option of choosing either the blue or mustard, but went with the mustard for a few reasons. I think it looks really cool. It's a beautiful production and one I'm proud to have and ecstatic that my wife tracked one down for me.
    Gift of the year right there! Congratulations!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Beautiful volume and a lovely, thoughtful gift — congrats on the book and marrying well!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I believe it was on Wednesday (time in 2020 is an illusion . . .) that my anniversary present from my wife arrived.

When this book was announced, I gave serious thought to buying it, but ultimately passed because of the expense at the time was hard to justify, and I already have two other versions.

To say I was surprised that she bought this for me as a present would be quite the understatement. I was almost speechless.

This is the mustard edition of Stardust from Lyra's Books. I was given the option of choosing either the blue or mustard, but went with the mustard for a few reasons. I think it looks really cool. It's a beautiful production and one I'm proud to have and ecstatic that my wife tracked one down for me.
    Congratulations! I agree about the mustard edition; it is really cool looking.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Congrats, Jason!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Just picked up Sam Weller's Dark Black a collection of Short Stories. Weller is probably best known as Ray Bradbury's biographer.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X