X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    So, this is by no means a fancy limited edition, but as I was browsing in a used bookshop a while back, I stumbled on this guy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21887[/ATTACH]

Though I'm not the biggest King fan, I've always wanted to read these and since "Rage" is not likely to be reprinted anytime soon, I'm glad to have tracked this one down.
    I like all four stories in this one. Rage and The Long Walk are the better stories though.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    So, this is by no means a fancy limited edition, but as I was browsing in a used bookshop a while back, I stumbled on this guy:

IMG_2419 (3).jpg

Though I'm not the biggest King fan, I've always wanted to read these and since "Rage" is not likely to be reprinted anytime soon, I'm glad to have tracked this one down.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    It's great! I've never had a problem with Sarob or Swan River. Their books are usually small format but they are well put together.
    Thanks for reply. I'm trying to see how I can fit it into the budget between Centipede's Hill House and Dune threatening to empty all of the pockets. I love that cover, though.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    It's great! I've never had a problem with Sarob or Swan River. Their books are usually small format but they are well put together.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    These came in from the lovely people at Camelot Today. Legionnaire C.E. Ward, The Far Tower: Stores for W.B. Yeats Ed Mark Valentine and The Killing Moon Allister Timms.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21865[/ATTACH]
    How’s the quality of Legionnaire? I’ve been eyeing it but have had no experience with the publisher?

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    These came in from the lovely people at Camelot Today. Legionnaire C.E. Ward, The Far Tower: Stores for W.B. Yeats Ed Mark Valentine and The Killing Moon Allister Timms.
    NBS.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mhatchett; 01-13-2020, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I don't buy many Funko figures, gut....it's S.K.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by goathunter View Post
    It's in Volume II. The article can be read on the McCammon site:

https://www.robertmccammon.com/bio/

It was published in 2002---before Speaks the Nightbird was published---so it's really out-of-date now.

Hunter
    Thanks, Hunter! I had probably read this on the website before but I had forgotten about it. I found a cheap copy of Volume II on eBay and it is on the way to me.

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    Now you tell me LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I was unaware of this, Hunter! Was the McCammon essay in Volume I or Volume II?
    It's in Volume II. The article can be read on the McCammon site:

https://www.robertmccammon.com/bio/

It was published in 2002---before Speaks the Nightbird was published---so it's really out-of-date now.

Hunter

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Wow! That's a helluva deal.

E.F.'s son Richard and I co-authored the Robert McCammon essay in the followup reference books edited by Richard.

Now you tell me LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Thanks, but itís really the renowned Bleiler volumes Iím after. This was a cool item, though.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied

E.F.'s son Richard and I co-authored the Robert McCammon essay in the followup reference books edited by Richard.
    I was unaware of this, Hunter! Was the McCammon essay in Volume I or Volume II?

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    After I picked up the Fantastic Fictioneers I decided to add to my reference collection. This is a great resource and the entries are extremely detailed and informative. The selected Bibliographies are chock full of interesting suggestions. These books are older 1985, but they are full of meaningful historical information. And they’re cheap since they are X-Library books, however since they were reference books and didn’t circulate, they are in great shape. I paid $7.00 for this set including shipping. I found a couple of other interesting sets and will post them as they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    That’s encouraging. I gave up a decade or so ago when prices for the two decades previous stayed relatively static at hundreds of dollars.
    Here's one I found Ron.
    https://www.ebay.com/i/312483845403?...26pg%3D2386202

Leave a comment:

Working...
X