Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    You should, Jeff -- if for nothing else, I'd love to see the attire you'd wear to unbox this one.

I just received my signed copy today as well, Grisby -- looks great. The black edge-stain is kind of a cool touch.

Look for this book to appear in my Twitter feed sometime this week...

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I placed my order for the trade edition from Amazon on July 20. It isn't here yet.

When I found out there was a signed edition available from Waterstones in the UK I ordered a copy on September 30. It arrived today.

CONFESS.jpg
    I should buy this book. I got the signed memoir by Scott Ian and when I saw Halford's book, I almost got it immediately.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.

I placed my order for the trade edition from Amazon on July 20. It isn't here yet.

When I found out there was a signed edition available from Waterstones in the UK I ordered a copy on September 30. It arrived today.

CONFESS.jpg
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 10-05-2020, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Glad they took care of you, to bad they can't also communicate with you. That are is fantastic!
    Yeah, that part is a bit frustrating. Every time that I called, their response was always "we will contact you in 48-72 hours" but when I kept pointing out it was long after 72 hours the reply was "well, did you check your email?" That logic doesn't work.

I did go to a local store to trade in my old iPad Air 2 (Best Buy actually gave me the best pricing on trade in) and the guy was really nice and even gave me an extra $5 on my trade in. So as much frustration as I have, there are some good ones that work there.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    So the drama with the stolen iPad has been resolved. I received the new iPad pro last week. While I still haven't ever received any official communication from Best Buy via email or phone (the last communication was on Twitter, but my Twitter account was disabled after I called one of the Fox News blonde bimbos a dried up See You Next Tuesday, and I'm not in any rush to re-enable my account.)

K loves the heck out of her new iPad (best part is I FINALLY got her to use LastPass for her passwords. That's been a project almost two years in the making.)

She's made one drawing on Procreate so far - it's an homage to Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate Series.

IMG_3105.jpg

Not too bad for her first digital creation of this nature.

We've also backed a digital artist's Patreon, so she's learning a lot of neat tips and trick about how to create digital art. Excited to see what she comes up with.
    Glad they took care of you, to bad they can't also communicate with you. That are is fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    \m/ Swiftie \m/
    (Reminds me of a run I did around my old neighborhood - I saw this license plate that said I Drift For Taylor Swift)

Hahaha thanks Brian!
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 10-03-2020, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Jason, you're getting out of control with your devil music and Twitter swearing. Should you go to your room and think about what you've done, young man.

Be careful listening to all that Swift music. You'll end up in one of her songs.

That's an awesome job that Katie did! I'm glad she finally received her iPad.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    So the drama with the stolen iPad has been resolved. I received the new iPad pro last week. While I still haven't ever received any official communication from Best Buy via email or phone (the last communication was on Twitter, but my Twitter account was disabled after I called one of the Fox News blonde bimbos a dried up See You Next Tuesday, and I'm not in any rush to re-enable my account.)

K loves the heck out of her new iPad (best part is I FINALLY got her to use LastPass for her passwords. That's been a project almost two years in the making.)

She's made one drawing on Procreate so far - it's an homage to Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate Series.

IMG_3105.jpg

Not too bad for her first digital creation of this nature.

We've also backed a digital artist's Patreon, so she's learning a lot of neat tips and trick about how to create digital art. Excited to see what she comes up with.
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 10-03-2020, 04:16 PM. Reason: I struggle with the tech.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    For the most part, I'm a hard rock heavy metal guy (full disclosure - I'm currently obsessed with Taylor Swift's music at the moment . . .) and have found that the memoirs from these musicians are fascinating.

My favorite one I think is probably Alex Skolnick (Testament, Savatage.) His book - Geek to Guitar Hero - was a great read and definitely gave me a new opinion of a heavy metal guitarist.

I never listened to Priest all that much; but I know that Halford's story has got to be fascinating. I might have to pick that one up.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
    Hey guys, been a while since I've been here...time flies!
    Latest addition, one I've been looking forward to since it was announced - it didn't disappoint, amazing production.
    Nice, Lincoln -- that was one I missed out on, unfortunately. I've seen some interior shots of it as well, and it just looks terrific.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
    Latest addition, one I've been looking forward to since it was announced - it didn't disappoint, amazing production.
    Congratulations, great addition!

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

Drat, I didn't know there was a signed edition available. I ordered the unsigned version from Amazon because I thought that was the only option.

Indeed, this should be an interesting book. I look forward to reading it.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Yesterday I got Wyrd and Other Derelictions by Adam L.G. Nevill. This is a new, slim, signed collection by the author. Adam Nevill publishes hardbacks, signed, of a lot of his books. I gather after the big Covid 19 shutdown earlier this year customers just gobbled up his signed hardbacks since there were only paperback copies remaining. I got WaoD because I'm on the author's email newsletter and Adam Nevill decided those on his email newsletter got first dibs on this new signed collection.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

But, I mean, c'mon...

9781472279507.jpg
    Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.
    break2.JPG
    His story has all the ingredients to make a fantastic memoir. I am resisting at the moment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X