X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Yesterday, two books I had been waiting for showed up.

First is the signed edition of Frank Bello's autobiography. Frank is the bassist of one of my favorite bands - Anthrax. I'm not expecting a lot because most so many musician's autobiographies seem to be lacking and very "thin" in content. But it'll go well with my two signed Scott Ian books.

IMG_6121.jpgIMG_6122.jpg

The second book I feel kind of lucky to have even been able to order - had no idea it existed until a buddy of mine sent the link.

The signed version of The Art of Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess' Stardust. I only flipped through a little bit, but I love this whole package. Signed by both Gaiman and Vess, and includes a beautiful signed print from Vess. I really wish I could go back in time to that day I found myself at the Comic Art Museum in San Francisco where they had all of the original artwork from Stardust.

IMG_6116.jpgIMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpgIMG_6119.jpg
    Great additions, Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

That gives me an idea - we have fairly high ceilings in this apartment. I could put more pictures above the bookshelves. Hmmmmmm . . .
    Do it — that beautiful signed Vess print (above) will look perfect there!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Thanks, guys.

And I definitely get what you are saying, TD…but you’ll be glad to know that no bookcase space was lost with this print, as it hangs above a doorway (thank you, high ceilings!).
    That gives me an idea - we have fairly high ceilings in this apartment. I could put more pictures above the bookshelves. Hmmmmmm . . .

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Yesterday, two books I had been waiting for showed up.

First is the signed edition of Frank Bello's autobiography. Frank is the bassist of one of my favorite bands - Anthrax. I'm not expecting a lot because most so many musician's autobiographies seem to be lacking and very "thin" in content. But it'll go well with my two signed Scott Ian books.

IMG_6121.jpgIMG_6122.jpg

The second book I feel kind of lucky to have even been able to order - had no idea it existed until a buddy of mine sent the link.

The signed version of The Art of Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess' Stardust. I only flipped through a little bit, but I love this whole package. Signed by both Gaiman and Vess, and includes a beautiful signed print from Vess. I really wish I could go back in time to that day I found myself at the Comic Art Museum in San Francisco where they had all of the original artwork from Stardust.

IMG_6116.jpgIMG_6117.jpg

IMG_6118.jpgIMG_6119.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Seconded! That does look really good!

I wish I had the space for a lot of those prints - or just even more artwork in general. But I need the walls for bookshelves.
    Thanks, guys.

And I definitely get what you are saying, TD…but you’ll be glad to know that no bookcase space was lost with this print, as it hangs above a doorway (thank you, high ceilings!).

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Something a little unusual for me: I picked up the I AM LEGEND Suntup giclée print a week or so ago, and it now hangs proudly in my office. Very pleased with it, one of my all-time favorite books...I'll post up pictures on Twitter sometime next week.

EDIT: Decided to post it this morning instead…pics here:
    https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...143859200?s=21
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That looks fantastic, Ron. Congrats!
    Seconded! That does look really good!

I wish I had the space for a lot of those prints - or just even more artwork in general. But I need the walls for bookshelves.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That looks fantastic, Ron. Congrats!

Something a little unusual for me: I picked up the I AM LEGEND Suntup giclée print a week or so ago, and it now hangs proudly in my office. Very pleased with it, one of my all-time favorite books...I'll post up pictures on Twitter sometime next week.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Last edited by RonClinton; 10-23-2021, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Received a couple books from Brian A. Hopkins today. One is a collection of his fantasy short stories (Road's End) and the other is a collection (Voices in the Darkness) with his novella "La Belle Epoque,". I am looking forward to reading them both.

IMG_20211021_171223.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Got a new Lansdale collection in today - not signed, but is numbered - 180 total copies.

Sadly, no copyright information so it's hard to know what's new and what's reprinted (and from where.)

It's a nice little collection.

Apache Witch
    IMG_6087.jpgIMG_6088.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Jason on the puppy! She's gorgeous! I had a black lab named Midnight as a kid. One of the best dogs I've ever owned. She was the mascot of our little neighborhood gang and would follow us to the ends of the earth all summer long.
    Thanks Brian!

Our last dog, Olive, was also a black lab. I'm completely biased, but they are the best dogs.

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    That's great. Excellent shelf by the way.

Mulleins

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Not a book but I like it anyway.

Dia Full Shelfie.jpgDio Close up.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Congrats, Jason on the puppy! She's gorgeous! I had a black lab named Midnight as a kid. One of the best dogs I've ever owned. She was the mascot of our little neighborhood gang and would follow us to the ends of the earth all summer long.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks. I did not have that info. I was wondering how many and anticipated schedule.

If it helps any, Paul said in the video that it’s planned to be a five books over three years, so at least that $500 investment is spread over 36 months.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X