Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Long overdue . . . but here are the framed pictures I got done awhile back.

First my Mouse Guard one. I bought the Original version of the Service - Greater Than Self And Sword and decided to frame it with the print. I was a little worried about how this would turn out based on the design suggestions from the employee at Michaels, but I think it turned out really well. It's a lot larger in width than I was expecting, so now I need to either reorganize the frames in my den or hang this somewhere different. I have a Mouse Guard wall, so I'm thinking a reorg will probably happen.

Images under Spoiler tags:

Spoiler!

Up next is the water color commission I got my wife from Brian Miller - Jem and the Holograms. This was a surprise purchase for her and she was ECSTATIC. Framing it was a little more difficult than we expected. The plan was to find something "totally 80s" but Michaels didn't have a lot of wild and crazy colors to choose from.

The finished product, however, does look really nice. The frame is a lot more teal in person - I blame the lighting in our library.
    Spoiler!

So grateful we got this during a 70% sale, because the before sale price of the Mouse Guard framing was over $800! I believe Jem was in the $400 range. I understand framing cam be expensive, but DAMN! That's a bit too rich for my blood.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

By the way, almost as impressive as that set of Onions books is all that empty shelf space in the background! How you manage to still have that all glorious emptiness just waiting to be filled is beyond me, but like that Onions set I wish I had it myself…
    HAHA! That's work brother LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Thanks Ron! I think Tartarus books are a pretty good value.
    By the way, almost as impressive as that set of Onions books is all that empty shelf space in the background! How you manage to still have that all glorious emptiness just waiting to be filled is beyond me, but like that Onions set I wish I had it myself…

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Thanks Ron! I think Tartarus books are a pretty good value.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    This was waiting for me when I came home for Lunch Today. This is my first slip-cased Tartarus Press. I like the Green. Oliver Onions? Had to go for it. At $125.00 it was one of their more expensive titles.

Onions.jpgonions2.jpgonions3.jpg
    I debated on this one so hard...but ultimately decided to stick with my lowly Dover tpb.
    Seeing your pics of that gorgeous set doesn't fill me with confidence that I made the right choice.

Congrats on being wiser than me on this one, and adding that lovely set to your collection.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    This was waiting for me when I came home for Lunch Today. This is my first slip-cased Tartarus Press. I like the Green. Oliver Onions? Had to go for it. At $125.00 it was one of their more expensive titles.

Onions.jpgonions2.jpgonions3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Those are really cool! Congrats!

Kind of reminds me of a newspaper section I got from either The News Tribune (Tacoma) or The Seattle Times that featured a huge piece on Terry Moore (artist/writer of at the time, Strangers in Paradise.) It was published when I first met him at this, what I thought was a comic convention in Seattle, but was actually a sport card/comic show, and the guest list mentioned Bernie Wrightson was there. Today's Jason is kicking himself for not going over there, but I'm pretty sure I was so laser focused on Terry Moore that I had no idea who else was there.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    This interesting item arrived with a bundle of ephemera that I purchased from Centipede Press, part of the John Pelcan collection, that Jerad is selling on for the family. A 1983 winter edition of The Bulletin of the Science Fiction Writers of America. The photos on the front and back cover are fantastic, Karl Edward Wagner (12-12-1945/10-14-1994), Charles L Grant (9-12-1942/9-15-2006), Robert Bloch (4-5-1917/9-23-1994), Stuart David Schiff, of Whispers Fame. On the back, Manly Wade Wellman (5-21-1903/4-5-1986), Rowena Morrill ( 9-14-1944/2-11-2021), Gene Wolfe ( 5-7-1931/4-14-2019), David Drake and Catherine(11-6-1907/4-9-2000) and L.Sprague de Camp ( 11-27-1907/11-6-200). Sad to see how many of them have passed on, but a really interesting issue, highlighting The 1983 World Fantasy Awards.

Photo.jpgPhoto2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I found an unusual S/L which I couldn't resist -- The Pact by Sharon Bolton. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    These all showed up yesterday. The Wolfen art portfolio from Suntup, which is just beautiful. There are a few prints in there that I want to frame.

The CD Night Shift art portfolio arrived.

And there's my latest ebay find, Confessions of the Archivist, by Patrick Lestewka, aka Nick Cutter, real name Craig Davidson. Apparently he found this one so disturbing that he has never allowed it to be reprinted, so copies are scarce. I'm not a fan of gross-out horror, so I may not be into this. However, I've heard about it enough times that I decided to go for it when I saw one for sale.

IMG_0330.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

You're slacking in your older age!

Related, I always love looking at other people's bookshelves in pictures. Here's a picture of my cat . . . bookshelf in the background . . . ENHANCE ENHANCE!
    I am definitely slacking in my old age. I am not sure why but I always study the background in photos and videos. Jeff Terry recently posted a video of his interview with Kealan Patrick Burke and I obsessed on trying to figure out what his kids were scrolling through on the TV that you could barely see in the frame.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I should have been able to guess that based on placement and color. Of course that would require thought which I am lacking. Glad camping was enjoyable.
    You're slacking in your older age!

Related, I always love looking at other people's bookshelves in pictures. Here's a picture of my cat . . . bookshelf in the background . . . ENHANCE ENHANCE!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

It's Suntup's signed and numbered Horns.

Camping was good - still haven't unpacked the art. My wife is back from Texas on Saturday, so we'll probably unpack it then.
    I should have been able to guess that based on placement and color. Of course that would require thought which I am lacking. Glad camping was enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Enjoy your camping. Looking forward to seeing the finished art. Side question: What is the Joe Hill book in the bubble bag?
    It's Suntup's signed and numbered Horns.

Camping was good - still haven't unpacked the art. My wife is back from Texas on Saturday, so we'll probably unpack it then.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Picked up a boat-load of Magazines and ephemera for Centipede's John Pelan sale. So interesting!

Jerad.jpg
    Very cool. I've picked up just two items thus far, but am keeping an occasional eye out for more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X