X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

That's a good one. I have the trade paperback edition. I finally had to get it after running across quite a few recommendations.
    This’ll be my first time reading it. I held off for years on the tpb I’d run across repeatedly at used bookstores, hoping someday I’d snag this beautiful Sub Press edition. Hopefully the wait will have been worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    28948D80-D822-49E7-ABD8-4826AD00D6B1.jpeg
    Been after this one for quite some time…arrived yesterday, it’s finally mine.

More pics here:
    https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...529070084?s=21
    That's a good one. I have the trade paperback edition. I finally had to get it after running across quite a few recommendations.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    28948D80-D822-49E7-ABD8-4826AD00D6B1.jpeg
    Been after this one for quite some time…arrived yesterday, it’s finally mine.

More pics here:
    https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...529070084?s=21

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    Nice Harlan Ellison collection. He was a friend of the family and we miss him and his wife Susan.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I went through an Ellison phase a few years ago and was able to get a number of signed editions. Then I started getting priced out and after his passing, I kind of gave up looking for signed editions. This one was an awesome surprise. Hopefully RC doesn't see this post and say "oops, can I have that one back?"

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Not my latest purchase, but one that I kept meaning to show off.

During one of the more recent CD auctions, they had a hardcover copy of Harlan Ellison's Essential Retrospective (35year version.) Price was a bargain (IMHO) and became an even better bargain when it arrived
    Very nice! I like surprises like that.

I was lucky enough to snag an S/L of the 50-yr edition from Harlan's library. Jason comes across some gems that have been hidden away, and puts them up for sale here: https://www.harlanellisonbooks.com/shop/

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Not my latest purchase, but I kept meaning to show off.

During one of the more recent CD auctions, they had a hardcover copy of Harlan Ellison's Essential Retrospective (35year version.) Price was a bargain (IMHO) and because an even better bargain when it arrived:
    IMG_6375.jpgIMG_6376.jpg
    Great addition!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Not my latest purchase, but one that I kept meaning to show off.

During one of the more recent CD auctions, they had a hardcover copy of Harlan Ellison's Essential Retrospective (35year version.) Price was a bargain (IMHO) and became an even better bargain when it arrived:
    IMG_6375.jpgIMG_6376.jpg
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 01-15-2022, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    These came in this last week.

Those Across the River:

TATR DJ Side View.jpg

and I few more copies (one PB for my daughter and one HC for me) of These I Know by Heart.

TIKBH Side View.jpgTIKBH Sig.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Still waiting for DUNE to arrive...should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. My AE copy of Suntup's THE WOLFEN should not be too far behind, maybe late this week or early next.

In the meantime, my Amazon order of three new books-about-books arrived today, and can't wait to start on them. They are THE LAST BOOKSELLER: A Life in the Rare Book Trade by Gary Goodman, RARE BOOK HUNTING: Essays and Escapades by Kurt Zimmerman, and AN ACCIDENTAL BOOKSELLER: A Personal Memoir of Foyles by Bill Samuel. Apparently subtitled titles are a requirement for books of this type.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Thank Goodness Jead does such a good job packing his books HAHA!!
    This has...not been my experience.

That's not to say he does a bad job, but I think I've been spoiled by how well Goldsboro packs books.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Yikes, glad the book came through unscathed!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    It could almost be the Amazon smile
    The Amazon grimace. I have gotten some vary good Amazon packages and some with the unwrapped book rattling around in a huge box LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    It could almost be the Amazon smile

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Man, when I get a box that arrives like that, those few minutes of unboxing the book and checking for damage are anxiety-ridden, especially for a book as expensive as DUNE. Glad there was no damage to the book itself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X