X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hey Guys,
    Dune arrived today. A piece of art. I bought the unsigned copy with no regrets. I'm not going to post any photos of the book many of you already have it or have seen it. I am however going to post a photo of the box it arrived in. Thank Goodness Jead does such a good job packing his books HAHA!!

BoxD.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Very nice add!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I was always glad I was able to pick up a copy of Mr. October.
    Same. It’s a wonderfully produced set that is worthy of his legacy.

Leave a comment:

• fanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Glad you were able to get this. Rick read a comment I posted about his writing online and reached out to thank me. He then sent me an inscribed copy of one of his books. Just a genuinely kind person and a fantastic storyteller.
    I was able to talk to him every year at NECON. He always remembered me and always had a smile on his face and a laugh ready to go. I miss him, what a great person.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Added a 2nd Lettered Edition to my collection. Rick Hautala's Indian Summer letter "M".

Rick holds a special place in my heart. Over the years I had written a little and toyed around with the idea of publishing. I reached out to Rick regarding both multiple times and he was very generous with his time and happy to speak about writing and publishing. He was always pleasant and came across as a genuinely nice person. I miss him and his stories. Very underrated in my opinion.

May he rest in peace.

Indian Summer 2.jpgIndian Summer wout DJ 4.jpgIndian Summer 3 sig.jpg
    Glad you were able to get this. Rick read a comment I posted about his writing online and reached out to thank me. He then sent me an inscribed copy of one of his books. Just a genuinely kind person and a fantastic storyteller.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Yep. That is one I need to track down one day.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Nice nod to Hautala — I agree, Rick was a very nice guy, and his work was never flashy, but always dependable and entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Added a 2nd Lettered Edition to my collection. Rick Hautala's Indian Summer letter "M".

Rick holds a special place in my heart. Over the years I had written a little and toyed around with the idea of publishing. I reached out to Rick regarding both multiple times and he was very generous with his time and happy to speak about writing and publishing. He was always pleasant and came across as a genuinely nice person. I miss him and his stories. Very underrated in my opinion.

May he rest in peace.

Indian Summer 2.jpgIndian Summer wout DJ 4.jpgIndian Summer 3 sig.jpg

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Love sprayed edges.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Probably not the typical fare for the kinds of books we collect, but these arrived the other day - not for my wife, but for me.

Katherine Arden's Winternight Trilogy:

Book One: The Bear and the Nightingale
    Bear.jpg

Book Two: The Girl in the Tower
    Girl.jpg

Book Three: The Winter of the Witch
    Winter.jpg

Each book also has color matched sprayed edges:
    IMG_6395.jpg

The quality is probably on par with any trade edition, but I really like how they turned out. I also have signed trade editions from when I met Katherine Arden at Emerald City Comic Con back in 2019. (She also knocked over her water bottle while signing, my books weren't ruined, but I got one hell of a unique inscription!)

I paid about $130 after shipping (from England - shipped on Friday, arrived on Tuesday!) and the eBay prices are already out of their minds. Not sure if any have sold for what people are asking for them, but damn!
    Those really are gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    ^^^ Nice looking set! Great design work there.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Probably not the typical fare for the kinds of books we collect, but these arrived the other day - not for my wife, but for me.

Katherine Arden's Winternight Trilogy:

Book One: The Bear and the Nightingale
    Bear.jpg

Book Two: The Girl in the Tower
    Girl.jpg

Book Three: The Winter of the Witch
    Winter.jpg

Each book also has color matched sprayed edges:
    IMG_6395.jpg

The quality is probably on par with any trade edition, but I really like how they turned out. I also have signed trade editions from when I met Katherine Arden at Emerald City Comic Con back in 2019. (She also knocked over her water bottle while signing, my books weren't ruined, but I got one hell of a unique inscription!)

I paid about $130 after shipping (from England - shipped on Friday, arrived on Tuesday!) and the eBay prices are already out of their minds. Not sure if any have sold for what people are asking for them, but damn!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    My copy of Wolfen arrived today. What a nice book. Glad the story got a nice special edition, it deserved it. The movie is not half bad either.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thank you. I am tickled to have won such a nice book.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X