Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Based on Sadie Hartmann's review on Cemetery Dance Online, decided to pick-up The Loop by Jeremy Robert Johnson. Received it in the mail yesterday. Pretty cool dustjacket, especially for a trade hardcover. The colors really make it pop. Am excited to give it a go and will probably begin it after finishing Tim Lebbon's "The Silence", which I am currently reading.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I keep eyeballing that one too, but like you, just haven't ever pulled the trigger on it.
    I keep hoping for a sale or for one to show up on eBay, but it's been a couple (?) years now since it was offered by Folio and came up on my radar, and neither have come to pass (that I'm aware of). Probably need to give up on that dream and just buy the darn thing.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I keep eyeballing that one too, but like you, just haven't ever pulled the trigger on it.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Folio’s edition of Charles Portis’ TRUE GRIT is the one I keep going back to...have come close to pulling the trigger on it at least a dozen times, and for some reason continue to hold off. Reportedly THE modern Great American Novel, I’ve never read it, though have seen the movie. But the book with its unreliable narrator is supposed to be far richer, nuanced, and more complex than the film, obviously, and deals with themes of coming-of-age, revenge, growing old and obsolescence, etc.…really need to get my hands on this one.

If anyone’s interested in seeing pics of this attractive volume:

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/true-grit.html

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Folio’s edition of Charles Portis’ TRUE GRIT is the one I keep going back to...have come close to pulling the trigger on it at least a dozen times, and for some reason continue to hold off. Reportedly THE modern Great American Novel, I’ve never read it, though have seen the movie. But the book with its unreliable narrator is supposed to be far richer, nuanced, and more complex than the film, obviously, and deals with themes of coming-of-age, revenge, growing old and obsolescence, etc.…really need to get my hands on this one.

If anyone’s interested in seeing pics of this attractive volume:

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/true-grit.html
    Personally, I usually wait for their sales. They occasionally give out a free book with purchases. Even if I don't necessarily save any money, free surprise novels are always a plus!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    True Grit is a great Book!
    At some point I will have to read that one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X