No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! Your photography really sells the set.

Comment

That is a beautiful set of books.

Comment

Don't Panic. It's just a nice Scotch.

SAM_1172.JPG

Spoiler!
        Last edited by bugen; 06-11-2015, 06:07 AM.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Couple of books came in this week.
          I Wake Up Screaming

DARK DELICACIES: ORIGINAL TALES OF TERROR AND THE MACABRE

Last edited by Julzz; 06-12-2015, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Julzz; 06-12-2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

More fantastic additions. Dark Delicacies looks fantastic. I also picked up I Wake Up Screaming relatively recently as well.

Bugen: Love that edition of Hitchhiker's Guide was just discussing it with a stranger on the bus yesterday.

Comment

My latest. It's from the UK and considered a "flipbook". I've stolen jonp's picture from TDT.org to illustrate the size in relation to the US edition of Misery. The flipbook is 702 very thin pages.

Thanks for getting me this, Jon!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                  Finally received the 2 book's I pre-ordered through B&N The Water Knife & Seveneves both signed. Needless to say I wasn't too pleased in the condition Seveneves arrived in. Some papers internally were folded or slightly ripped. But these are the risk we take when ordering through a big box store. Too much of a hassle to return since I live in Canada, will just have to suck it up. Also received Is There A Demon In You? Started reading it already and so far so good. Enjoying it so far. Will probably follow up with The Water Knife once I finish this.
                  The Water Knife and Seveneves are high on my want list.

Did you order thru B & N because Seveneves is signed? I am in Canada as well and Chapters usually has great prices, especially if you have the Plum Rewards.

Also - love the Rats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                    My latest. It's from the UK and considered a "flipbook". I've stolen jonp's picture from TDT.org to illustrate the size in relation to the US edition of Misery. The flipbook is 702 very thin pages.

Thanks for getting me this, Jon!

John
                    Way cool, I had never heard of this item before. Does it contain the complete text?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Way cool, I had never heard of this item before. Does it contain the complete text?
                      Yes. It's really kind of neat. It's one of 12 novels printed so far by www.flipbooks.com.

John

Comment

I just tried that flipbook site and got a message it's under construction. Strange.

John

Comment

Yes. It's really kind of neat. It's one of 12 novels printed so far by www.flipbooks.com.

John
                          Sweet, thanks for the link. Was considering how to acquire on myself after seeing it in Jon's collection over at TDT.org.

Edit:
                          I just tried that flipbook site and got a message it's under construction. Strange.

John
                          Ah, nuts...

Comment

Thanks as always for posting the great pics of the great books guys. I managed to find a limited of Dark Delicacies, a superb anthology! And the first two Rats books were great as well but haven't got to the final yet - it's a rainy day save for me since I know I'll enjoy it so much.

Would love to hear what you guys think of Seveneves.
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              The Water Knife and Seveneves are high on my want list.

Did you order thru B & N because Seveneves is signed? I am in Canada as well and Chapters usually has great prices, especially if you have the Plum Rewards.

Also - love the Rats!!!
                              Yes for a few bucks more might as well get the signed edition . Chapters do have great deals from time to time I just wished they have more "signed" editions like B&N. Speaking of which, you can pre-order Neil Gaiman's new novelette through chapters for $58.31 cad compared to Subterranean at I think was $75 us plus shipping. http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/...2103-item.html

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                              Thanks as always for posting the great pics of the great books guys. I managed to find a limited of Dark Delicacies, a superb anthology! And the first two Rats books were great as well but haven't got to the final yet - it's a rainy day save for me since I know I'll enjoy it so much.

Would love to hear what you guys think of Seveneves.
                              Unfortunately I still have a few books I'd like to get through before I start Seveneves, Water Knife being one of them and American Psycho so it is not high on my TBR. I'd like to get around Dark Delicacies too as I find myself reading a lot of anthologies lately.

Got a few books coming in from the Folio Society so I'm super stoked about that and a book I got from ebay that I've been trying to get for a while. Of course will post the obligatory pics once obtained

Comment

I added these today, Bernie Wrightson The Stand Portfolio. The Artist Edition, #5 of 15, and the Limited Edition, #2 of 40.

“Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
                                — Roland Deschain
                                Wanted
                                The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

Comment

Working...
                                X