Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    You Can't get Cowboys and Dinosaurs out of the Boy, no matter how old that boy is LOL!!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thank you. I think it's cool as well.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Very cool. I like the remarque!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Very cool. I like the remarque!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thunderstorm Edition of The Saga of Dead Eye Volume 1.

I need to fix my brodart! LOL

Dead DJ.jpg

Fantastic Marbled Papers. They have a gritty feel to them. Very nice.

Dead Eye Marbled.jpg

Naked Book:

Dead Eye Naked.jpg

Sig Page #1:

Dead Eye Sig Page.jpg

Sig Page #2 with Remarque:

Dead Eye Remarque.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I've always enjoyed the history around WWII and of course became more interested after watching Band Of Brothers. So every once in awhile I pick something up from Valor Studios. This is a trade copy of Hang Tough with bookplate signatures from Earl McClung, Al Mampre, and Brad Freeman of Easy Company. Happy to add this to my collection.

Hang Tough Cover.jpg

Hang Tough Book Plate.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Very nice! I forgot that I ordered this and didn't remember until I received the shipping notice from Grim Oak. I have a forwarding address on file with the post office, but it was still delivered to my old address. Working with the USPS to see what can be done. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Hope this gets fixed for you. This is why I can never move LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Got this in the mail yesterday. Very nice job from Grim Oak Press.
    Very nice! I forgot that I ordered this and didn't remember until I received the shipping notice from Grim Oak. I have a forwarding address on file with the post office, but it was still delivered to my old address. Working with the USPS to see what can be done. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Times like this I wish I was into fantasy because Grim Oak really seems to put out some nice editions...congrats on adding one to your collection.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats. I've admired their work from a distance.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Maybe that is what I was reading. Thanks for replying. At least I'm not completely nuts. LOL

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Don't know about a limited edition, but, I remember first hearing about this one in a Subterranean Press direct email. They were not publishing it, but, wanted to point it out as a book they were excited about from a new author. They also pointed out the Michael Marshall Smith intro, and I am a huge fan of his stuff; so, my interest was immediately peaked. Glad to hear that it is good so far. Hope it stays strong as it is still on my radar for sure.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I've made it about 1/3 through the collection and it's solid so far. It has a young authors feel to it with a little raw grittiness in the stories. On a side note I think I came across this book because someone was going to do a limited of it.

Does anyone else have this recollection or am I misremembering things? Otherwise I have no idea how I came across this book or author.

Don't know about a limited edition, but, I remember first hearing about this one in a Subterranean Press direct email. They were not publishing it, but, wanted to point it out as a book they were excited about from a new author. They also pointed out the Michael Marshall Smith intro, and I am a huge fan of his stuff; so, my interest was immediately peaked. Glad to hear that it is good so far. Hope it stays strong as it is still on my radar for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I've made it about 1/3 through the collection and it's solid so far. It has a young authors feel to it with a little raw grittiness in the stories. On a side note I think I came across this book because someone was going to do a limited of it.

Does anyone else have this recollection or am I misremembering things? Otherwise I have no idea how I came across this book or author.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Would love to hear a review of this once you have read it. That blurb from the intro by Michael Marshall Smith has me very close to picking this one up.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Very nice. Love the cover art on those.

Received Bryan Smith's THE LAST OF THE RAVAGERS today completing my Thunderstorm/Death's Head Splatter Western set. Volume 1 of this series is complete, but it sounds like the two publishers are teaming up for another 13 book set.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Nice. Completed my set today too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X