X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Not my thing, but I thought some of the more ardent Joe Hill fans might be interested in this new signed/numbered edition of Robert Louis Stevenson's The New Annotated Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde -- Numbered Edition, out of 250 — $150.00 Lettered Edition, out of 26 — $275.00:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/p...eid=f261cb3751
    I believe you can get the unsigned edition for $40.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Not my thing, but I thought some of the more ardent Joe Hill fans might be interested in this new signed/numbered edition of Robert Louis Stevenson's The New Annotated Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde -- Numbered Edition, out of 250 — $150.00 Lettered Edition, out of 26 — $275.00:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/p...eid=f261cb3751

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Those are really cool. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Those are really cool. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Received these little PB's today. The size of these made me remember how much I loved those digest sized books back in the day. My favorite was the Alfred Hitchcock one which I had a subscription to.

Ron K DHP Chaps.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Got a couple of books this week -

First up is Centipede Press's edition of The Spirit of the Place and Other Strange Tales by Elizabeth Walter. I'm not familiar with her but the book's description sounded interesting, and you can rarely go wrong with a book from CP.

20220909_002742272_iOS.jpg20220909_002802270_iOS.jpg

Secondly, I got the fourth volume in Josiah Bancroft's Books of Babel series. I believe I've only read the first two, but I do own a matching set from Subterranean Press.

20220910_144837580_iOS.jpg20220910_144852185_iOS.jpg
    (Excuse the glare - Brodart covers are super shiny.)

I do especially like the little bonus that's been part of each book - two tickets (part of the story.)
    20220910_144943413_iOS.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Thanks everyone.

Ben Staad espresso is a fun little hobby. Like all hobbies, there are very deep, and very expensive rabbit holes to fall down. I'm eyeballing a new grinder but am having a hard time finding THE ONE for the price I want to pay. It's hard to contemplate spending that kind of money.

I've only read the first few Expanse books - LOVED THE HELL OUT OF THE SHOW and would recommend it to anyone who has a remote passing interest in sci-fi.

Sock Monkey - this set along with my Suntup Misery are probably some of the more tempting "would you sell it for $xx.xx" books I have because the current prices are bonkers, and it would be very tempting.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Beautiful set -- like SM, I haven't read any of the series, but, also like SM, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    TacomaDiver Great looking adds. The espresso machine looks a bit intimidating but cool. I've never been much into coffee but did fall in love with Cuban coffee when I was working a ton in Miami. Not sure I have had an espresso but I think they are similar.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Great addition! You are very lucky to have that set. As you stated, the asking prices are bonkers for those books. I’ve heard good things about the series but haven’t checked it out as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    In addition to yet another harness for Rocinante, the latest SubPress book arrived:

Leviathan Falls by James S.A. Corey - Volume 9 of The Expanse

cover.jpgunjacketed.jpg

I do have to say this is a nice set displayed all together.
    set.jpg

It is mind boggling what the asking price is for just a partial set - let alone a full matching numbered set of all nine books.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    After A LOT of deliberation, and some encouragement from my wife, I finally broke down and bought a new espresso machine:
    20220806_135259177_iOS.jpg

It's quite the step up from my previous Breville model.

After week, I feel like I'm getting better at making espresso with it - a lot more confidence.

So if anyone is ever in the area, come on over and I'll make you a tasty treat!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Love those end-papers as well. It looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    The second Tempest title is LAST NIGHT AT THE BLUE ALICE by Mehitobel Wilson. I passed on purchasing this title when it was done by another publisher (Necro, maybe?) and I kicked myself for a long time because I've heard really good things about it. So suffice to say, I was happy when Thunderstorm announced it. In addition to the main title it has a new novelette included that takes place in the same world as the original story. Also added was some nice interior art, which is a first for the Tempest line, I believe. I also really dig the endpapers in this one.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I received the two newest titles in Thunderstorm Books's Tempest line. The first is MUSCADINES by S.P. Miskowski. I've never the read the author but the novella has received good reviews so I'm very curious. As for the construction of the book itself, it is matches the same design characteristics of the previous Tempest titles, which, frankly, I'm torn on. I do really like the jacketless look and the material used for the boards is very nice. It's hard to get a good picture of it, but it has a nice sheen and texture to it. I'm not as much of a fan of the stamping. The roses with skulls and daggers aren't quite my thing. But overall it is a really nice production from Thunderstorm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X