Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menace View Post
    Actually I'm looking to purchase almost all the 1st editions of Stephen King books.

My wife and I seperarted almost 2 months ago and yesterday I noticed the my gift edition of Lisey's stoty was out of the wrapper so I pick it up took it out of its slip case to find the it was marked all over in permanent marker and pages were ripped out. Then I noticed that The Stand Complete and Uncut was gone and so was Dreamcatcher. Now I was really starting to worry so i started going through my Stephen king books and so far 22 of them have either pages torn out or marked on. Now theses were all first edition hard covers The Stand , Christine, Cujo, Different seasons, It, the bachman books, Thinner, She missed Carrie thank god. Creepshow, Insomnia, Nightshift. and so on most of these books i had before we ever met. I started getting Stephen king book 30 years ago And some of theses I finally got the real first edition instead of the bookclub edition. the shining was the only one i had to get for the real first edition. Now starting all over again. So once my house sells it will be time to start buying again. She also marked over 3 of my Cd books I recently bought . Glad she missed the rest of them ... There done bitching .....
    WOW - I know I'm a little late this this but reading it moved me to write something. I'd friggin sue the bitch....um, ah, sorry about that but what a terrible thing for her to have done. It disturbs me to read about it. Hope you get your collection back better than ever!

Comment

This is the first time I've seen your post too. You should of had her arrested for that.
      And sue too just as he said and get the money from her purse to buy replacements.

Comment

The book(s) I'm most interested in purchasing right now are mostly proofs and arcane stuff like the unsigned SKELETON CREW S/L. I would also love to lay my grubby hands on a copy of the 1973 edition of Marshroots with King's 'It Grows On You'.

No signed/limited editions for me! (I never get tired of telling other collectors that I have no need for those )

Comment

Originally posted by biomieg View Post
          No signed/limited editions for me! (I never get tired of telling other collectors that I have no need for those )
          I don't NEED them!!! I can stop whenver I want!! No, really I could!! Er...I think I could. I probably could!!!

Comment

I like them.

John

Comment

I would love to see some of Gillian Flynns work done as a signed limited. Maybe they are out there but I haven't seen them. Both of her books (Dark Places & Sharp Objects) are excellent reads.

P.S. I think some S/L's of Victor Gischler work would be fantastic as well.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hmm...just saw Roger Waters announced a limited signed (Roger Waters sig) edition of some book his recently deceased friend wrote. It supposed to have the nitty gritty about everything that went down. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. I hope it doesn't cost much LOL.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                  Hmm...just saw Roger Waters announced a limited signed (Roger Waters sig) edition of some book his recently deceased friend wrote. It supposed to have the nitty gritty about everything that went down. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. I hope it doesn't cost much LOL.
                  I wouldn't mind a book like that. I too, am a big Pink Floyd fan except some of their albums like I think The Final Cut was so full of political crap that I had to force myself to listen to it. But a limited edition? That's kinda odd. I don't think I ever heard of a singer for a rock band writing a limited edition book.

Comment

What book(s) am I most interested in purchasing? Several. A limited edition of The Stand, at least one Koontz limited, a couple lettered editions by both Ed Lee and Jack Ketchum and the few remaining books by Richard Laymon I still don't have. I know I must of bought the signature series book The Wilds by him, but can't find it. Haven't really looked in a lot of places yet, but I must have it. I guess that's more than a several lol. Oh yeah, I would like to buy several trade editions signed by King, as I already have too many limiteds by him which contradicts what I said above that I still want The Stand limited edition. But I've always been filled with contradictions.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                      I wouldn't mind a book like that. I too, am a big Pink Floyd fan except some of their albums like I think The Final Cut was so full of political crap that I had to force myself to listen to it. But a limited edition? That's kinda odd. I don't think I ever heard of a singer for a rock band writing a limited edition book.
                      http://charnelhouse.com/cart/index.p...products_id=11 The guy from Procol Harum did one. And for a while Charnel House was advertising working on one with Iggy Pop.

Comment

I think most people who haven't got a copy of 'The Stand' S/L wants a copy, it looks to be one beautiful book!

I've recently gotten some UK S/L's and now would like to complete the set, they look real nice on the book shelves.

Comment

What book(s) am I most interested in purchasing? Several. A limited edition of The Stand, Oh yeah, I would like to buy several trade editions signed by King, as I already have too many limiteds by him which contradicts what I said above that I still want The Stand limited edition.
                          If you don't mind me asking....why??

sk
                          Last edited by frik51; 09-05-2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

What book(s) am I most interested in purchasing? Several. A limited edition of The Stand, at least one Koontz limited, a couple lettered editions by both Ed Lee and Jack Ketchum and the few remaining books by Richard Laymon I still don't have. I know I must of bought the signature series book The Wilds by him, but can't find it. Haven't really looked in a lot of places yet, but I must have it. I guess that's more than a several lol. Oh yeah, I would like to buy several trade editions signed by King, as I already have too many limiteds by him which contradicts what I said above that I still want The Stand limited edition. But I've always been filled with contradictions.
                            Since you have "too many limiteds" from sai King I will gladly relieve yo of them Hell to ease your burden even more I will pay for shipping. LOL and J/K
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'll add to those saying they want to purchase "The Stand"... Gonna need a promotion before picking up that one though. Taking last part of CPA on Wednesday so maybe that will be in order ha!

Comment

As far as trade HCs go, I'm waiting for Abarat: Absolute Midnight by Barker; The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco; and of course 11/22/63.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X