Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Subterranean is supposed to do They Thirst, Bethany's Sin, Night Boar and Stinger at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Kenton
    replied
    I've been saving up for the recently-announced Lee Brown Coye and Hannes Bok editions from Centipede Press. Their books are very expensive, but they're so well done. A nasty addiction, I guess, but at least it won't kill me - as long as one of those massive volumes doesn't crush my chest as I'm reading it on the couch! Centipede is also supposed to do Leiber's OUR LADY OF DARKNESS, which just might be my all-time favorite horror novel. I think I've also heard that Subterranean is going to release McCammon's THEY THIRST. I'm looking forward to that, too. Of course, there is also the out-of-the-blue stuff that suddenly lurches into view, like CD's just-announced Russo zombie book!

Leave a comment:

• Justin Case
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I've ordered a couple that I'm really looking forward to, such as In Laymon's Terms from CD and Harlan Ellison's The Glass Teat & The Other Glass Teat from Charnel House.

One that I really lust after is the Lettered Edition of the Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot. I actually got a really nice copy of the cheaper Limited edition from Betts Books recently, but I still want the Lettered.

I'd also like to buy that set of asbestos covered books I see online - Firestarter and Fahrenheit 451. I think it was around $30k for those
    Yeah, I'm in for a Glass Teat... ahem, Ellison's collection of essays about TV due out from Charnel House - priced at a cool $700 this is the most money I've seen as a base price for a "regular" Charnel House limited go for (now lettereds range in the thousands I know.. and forget the secondary market - this excludes The Regulators as this was done by Joe for Dutton if I"m not mistaken). Looks to be huge and very cool!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I've ordered a couple that I'm really looking forward to, such as In Laymon's Terms from CD and Harlan Ellison's The Glass Teat & The Other Glass Teat from Charnel House.

One that I really lust after is the Lettered Edition of the Centipede Press 'Salem's Lot. I actually got a really nice copy of the cheaper Limited edition from Betts Books recently, but I still want the Lettered.

I'd also like to buy that set of asbestos covered books I see online - Firestarter and Fahrenheit 451. I think it was around $30k for those

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    *SPOILER ALERT* ending of DT discussed

I like the idea that Roland had to go thru the whole thing again as he regains his humanity a little at a time. This time tho, he has the Horn of Eld with him which might make a difference. How many times has this cycle gone on? Who knows.

What I thought was missing was moral choice. At the top of the DT, I would have put two doors-- one with the desert at the beginning of the Gunslinger, one with the chaos that Mid-World had become when the beams broke and the DT has cumbled. Not a happy ending, but rest, if not peace for Roland.

Then I would have enemies charge him and force Roland to make a quick decision.

I would have ended the book with "The black man fled across the desert..."

Was Roland following him?

Who knows.

I love anti-climatic endings.
    Last edited by srboone; 05-24-2011, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    7 had it's moments, tho I can think of a better ending.
    I honestly loved the ending from the start. In a way I didn't like that Roland and company had to do it all over again, but at the same time it made sense and also provided hope that this next time might be his last time going through it. I can understand why some didn't like it though

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I guess I wouldn't mind having a 1st print of Salem's Lot with the misprinted price, Fathy Cody instead of Father Callahan in the book flap and whatever the third mistake was. Of course, I can also think of a few other things that $100,000 should probably be spent on instead...

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I would love to fine an affordable first/first of Koontz's Watchers. Still one of my top books of his.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    3 was a disappointment.
    4 left me shaking my head.
    3 LOVED it
    4 the best of the series by far. Plus one of King's all-round best books ever.

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    The first four, a definite yes.
    I'm not so sure about the last three, though.sk
    I agree, but I thought creativity, originality and focus dropped off after number 2. I prefer the original five short stories of the Gunslinger to the revised text where King made them into a novel and did some foreshadowing.

2 is the best of the series and one of King's best.
    3 was a disappointment.
    4 left me shaking my head.
    5 was just awful.
    6 was pretty good.
    7 had it's moments, tho I can think of a better ending.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by pixie View Post
    The DT series is the best books written by Stephen King.
    The first four, a definite yes.
    I'm not so sure about the last three, though.

sk

Leave a comment:

• pixie
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Since I have so many books already, I decided to buy just a few a year...no room for them all anymore, plus all the comics I have.
    But the book I will want the most, will be the new DT limited being published by Grant next year. Believe it or not, I've never read any of the DT series; I bought them for collectible reasons..I have the last three all limiteds, but I wish they were different numbers. All are 911.
    I suggeest you read the DT series. they are awesome books. I would say they are the best book series I have ever read. The DT series is the best books written by Stephen King.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Since I have so many books already, I decided to buy just a few a year...no room for them all anymore, plus all the comics I have.
    But the book I will want the most, will be the new DT limited being published by Grant next year. Believe it or not, I've never read any of the DT series; I bought them for collectible reasons..I have the last three all limiteds, but I wish they were different numbers. All are 911.

Leave a comment:

• divemaster
    replied
    What book are you most interested in purchasing?

Wow, that's a tough question. If it's only a pipe dream, I could name a list of Holy Grail type items...but if I'm looking realistically, my top 2 would be:

1) The S/L "coffin" edition of The Stand. My all time favorite book, I need this for my collection!

2) Someone in the Dark--the second book published by Arkham House (1941). This would really be a nice addition to my Arkham House collection.

Leave a comment:

• Justin Case
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Yeah, I don't blame you, though it is great for someone late to the collecting market, like me, lol
    Absolutely - your in a great period for collecting! Alot of limiteds go for a fraction of their original cover price or proported worth of several years back. You could really clean up. I do benefit from the current market as well when filling in gaps or upgrading my library on certain items so I can't really complain - good hunting!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X