No announcement yet.

Good deals and bargains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ebook version of Invisible Fences by Norm Prentiss is currently free on Amazon. If ou have not read this one et you should check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JT5OWG...rorbargains-20

Comment

Tons of Deadite Press ebooks have been discounted to 0.99. If my memory serves this is a first for them.

Search for your favorite author on amazon and see what's for sale. I picked up a ton of WJW, Keene, and Gonzalez.

Comment

It seems a little too good to be true, and it's possible someone's going to end up getting sued, but I just picked up the following Harlan Ellison e-books from Amazon for my Kindle:

Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled
        Ellison Wonderland
        Gentleman Junkie
        The Deadly Streets
        Troublemakers
        Stalking the Nightmare
        Harlan Ellison's Watching
        From the Land of Fear
        Paingod: And Other Delusions
        Spider Kiss
        Partners in Wonder
        Approaching Oblivion
        Sleepless Nights in the Procrustean Bed
        An Edge in My Voice
        Children of the Streets
        The Other Glass Teat
        Memos from Purgatory
        Harlan Ellison's Movie
        The Harlan Ellison Hornbook

Total cost? $0.00

Many of these aren't considered among his major collections, but a bunch of them are. At the very least people should be interested in Ellison Wonderland, Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled, and Paingod: And Other Delusions as highlights from an extraordinary career in speculative fiction.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I just grabbed all of these.

Edit: And someone is definitely getting sued: Harlan doesn't give anything away.

Comment

Fantastic!! Thanks bugen!! Made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
              It seems a little too good to be true, and it's possible someone's going to end up getting sued, but I just picked up the following Harlan Ellison e-books from Amazon for my Kindle:

Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled
              Ellison Wonderland
              Gentleman Junkie
              The Deadly Streets
              Troublemakers
              Stalking the Nightmare
              Harlan Ellison's Watching
              From the Land of Fear
              Paingod: And Other Delusions
              Spider Kiss
              Partners in Wonder
              Approaching Oblivion
              Sleepless Nights in the Procrustean Bed
              An Edge in My Voice
              Children of the Streets
              The Other Glass Teat
              Memos from Purgatory
              Harlan Ellison's Movie
              The Harlan Ellison Hornbook

Total cost? $0.00

Many of these aren't considered among his major collections, but a bunch of them are. At the very least people should be interested in Ellison Wonderland, Love Ain't Nothing But Sex Misspelled, and Paingod: And Other Delusions as highlights from an extraordinary career in speculative fiction.
              My understanding is that when Amazon does these promotions they still pay the artist full compensation.
              Last edited by Dan Hocker; 12-16-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                My understanding is that when Amazon does these promotions they still pay the artist full compensation.
                Most likely what's happening here is that Amazon is price matching. You can't actually offer something for free on Amazon, but if you offer it for free on a different store as part of a promotion or something Amazon will price match it. I'm not 100% sure how that equates to actual sales numbers though.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks Bugen. Beyond a helluva deal. "Bought" them all.

Comment

It turns out the publisher, Open Road Media, is doing a big promotion and a whole lot of books are free.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

There's a bunch of Ray Garton's older books in there, as well as some Fritz Leiber and John Shirley.

Edit: Wow, this is a truly massive sale. I really recommend going to Open Road's website and checking out their list of authors, because they publish like 2000+ people. Brian Aldiss, for example, doesn't show up anywhere in that link I just posted, but a ton of his books are up for free.
                    Last edited by slayn666; 12-19-2016, 03:45 AM.

Comment

That's AWESOME! Good looking out!
                      -John Barth

Comment

A tip: a number of Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's books are up for free, but you'll need to search for Chelsea Q Yarbro.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          It turns out the publisher, Open Road Media, is doing a big promotion and a whole lot of books are free.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

There's a bunch of Ray Garton's older books in there, as well as some Fritz Leiber and John Shirley.

Edit: Wow, this is a truly massive sale. I really recommend going to Open Road's website and checking out their list of authors, because they publish like 2000+ people. Brian Aldiss, for example, doesn't show up anywhere in that link I just posted, but a ton of his books are up for free.
                          Great find. They have some interesting titles available.

Comment

This list is overwhelming. Any must have recommendations?

Comment

Most of these aren't free, but are discounted, so it helped me to sort by genre then by 'lowest price first.' That left a few pages for each genre I was interested in to wade through. That's not the greatest solution, but helped me narrow it down.

In addition to the earlier Ellison's, picked up Carroll, Leiber, Garton, Shirley and a Howard Fast.
                              -John Barth

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                This list is overwhelming. Any must have recommendations?
                                If you haven't read Rex Miller's books, get them.

In addition to all the Ray Garton books, I got these:

After Silence - Jonathan Carroll
                                Incubus - Ann Arensberg
                                The Other End - John Shirley
                                Wetbones - John Shirley
                                Plastic Jesus - Poppy Z. Brite
                                Sins of Omission - Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

Comment

Working...
                                X