No announcement yet.

Good deals and bargains...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I jumped on last night's coupon and stocked up on Gift Cards, so I am ready for this year's awesome book announcements that CD will no doubt tempt me with.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
      I jumped on last night's coupon and stocked up on Gift Cards, so I am ready for this year's awesome book announcements that CD will no doubt tempt me with.
      Good plan!!
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

If I had the money I'd definitely be buying some gift certificates! Hopefully I'll have money when there is another sale.
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Got 4 more Magazine Slipcases, Have 6 on order now. Plus a small Gift Card.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
            I did the very same thing

Comment

I ordered two of the magazine slipcases. Debating about getting another gift card...

Comment

I've thought about getting some items but really finances are tight...
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I picked up Turn Down the Lights with the coupon.
                  MDH

Comment

VJ Books' 40% OFF 72 HOUR SALE

40off72

Comment

50% off on pre-orders at SubPress
                      http://subterraneanpress.com/store/preorders
                      Welcome to our 50% Off Preorder Sale. It runs until the end of the day March 4, 2014, so don't miss out.

The following are not eligible for the sale:
                      • Other publishers' books;
                      • Lettered editions;
                      • The Wool Trilogy (Hugh Howey);
                      • House of Chains (Steven Erikson);
                      • The River of Souls (Robert McCammon);
                      • The Prisoner of Heaven (Carlos Ruiz Zafon);
                      In addition, shipping is not discounted. Discounts will be applied automatically to all eligible items during the checkout process.

Please note that our shopping system is behaving a little wonkily at the moment, and sometimes displaying an error message. Please be persistent when checking out. We're trying to track down the error, but it's likely to take us at least a few days to solve it.

Best, and happy shopping,
                      Bill

Comment

I really wish they did not exclude Erikson and Zafon.

Comment

Yes, that Sub Press sale is tempting, but alas....I have no money that I see fit to spend on anything that I saw there.

Mind you, you gotta love a good snow storm! Hello gift card.

Comment

I have to be honest, these types of sales only piss me off.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                              I have to be honest, these types of sales only piss me off.
                              Really??? I don't see why they would and to be honest, I think they are a necessity. A 50% sale is probably the only time when I can afford to buy most books.

When CD offer these sales periodically, I make a point of stocking up on Gift Cards, so that I can use them on future announcements. If CD ceased doing these sales, I couldn't afford to collect limited editions. It's that simple.
                              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                              - Stephen King

Comment

I preorder the books I want when they are announced, so I never get to take advantage of these sales. So it boils down to me being punished for being a loyal customer.

To be fair, it's not just a problem with independent publishers, it permeates nearly all retail endeavors.

Edit: I understand why publishers do it, of course, it just irritates me personally .
                                Last edited by slayn666; 03-03-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X