Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    SubPress is currently running a 50% off sale on some of their books for the next day or two. Only picked-up one book as the rest of the titles didn't interest me much.
    I got the new Lansdale and Scalzi books. They both showed up yesterday. For once living close really worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post

I got the new Lansdale and Scalzi books. They both showed up yesterday. For once living close really worked out.
      Yeah, I had the same experience. I placed my order Monday and Subpress shipped the book the very next day. Gotta love their level of service!

Comment

Yeah, I had the same experience. I placed my order Monday and Subpress shipped the book the very next day. Gotta love their level of service!
        Yeah I was pleased with their fast shipping and the USPS being fast. I paid for 2-day priority and got it in one. USPS likes to send my media mail packages from SubPress to other states before returning them to Michigan.

Comment

I didn't buy any of the sale items (I was already up to date on Scalzi and Lansdale) but I did use the visit to snap up The Themis Files by Sylvain Neuvel. I'm currently listening to A History of What Comes Next, and reading Sleeping Giants. I was sent a signed copy of AHOWCN by Goldsboro Books, and I'm hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
            I didn't buy any of the sale items (I was already up to date on Scalzi and Lansdale) but I did use the visit to snap up The Themis Files by Sylvain Neuvel. I'm currently listening to A History of What Comes Next, and reading Sleeping Giants. I was sent a signed copy of AHOWCN by Goldsboro Books, and I'm hooked.
            Neuvel has a new book?! I loved The Themis Files!

It's also a very nice set from Sub Press. I'm actually surprised that it wasn't included in the sale since it's been included in the last few. And even Camelot Books has had their sets on sale before.

Comment

I picked up the Tudor book. I really like her writing. I know that I am in the minority on that but that’s fine .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                I picked up the Tudor book. I really like her writing. I know that I am in the minority on that but that’s fine .
                I've liked everything I've read by Tudor.

Haven't read The Burning Girls yet, but I thought that The Other People was her best so far.

B

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  I have mixed feelings about The Chalk Man, though I liked it overall.

Picked up The Other People during their PC sale (it was already half off it retail).

I'll pick up The Burning Girls, but I'll wait until the next sale. I learned my lesson on purchasing the first two full books at full price.

Comment

I’ve got the first three Tudor books in the TBR pile. I remember hearing a lot of praise for The Chalk Man, then people cooled on Tudor as subsequent books came out. I haven’t gotten around to reading any of them but keep picking up my matching number for the limited editions. I hope when I get around to reading them, I wind up liking them.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I have mixed feelings about The Chalk Man, though I liked it overall.

Picked up The Other People during their PC sale (it was already half off it retail).

I'll pick up The Burning Girls, but I'll wait until the next sale. I learned my lesson on purchasing the first two full books at full price.
                      Mixed feelings is exactly how I feel about all of Tudor's work so far. I enjoy the writing style and the stories themselves are fine, but, there is just something missing for me that keeps a solid read from becoming a great read. Can't quite put my finger on what that is though.

Comment

I know it would cost me an arm and a leg, but I’ve always been very curious about Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s four-novel set of The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, of which Sub Press did the lovely signed/limiteds. For those who have read the series, is it worth such an investment of time and money? Will probably pick up a trade paperback to try it out before moving forward, but I am curious to hear about the series as a whole, from those who have read the entire tale...if it sustains the reported quality and power of the first volume, or if it’s a series of diminishing returns.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Diminishing returns, in my opinion. I love the first one, downhill from there. Not bad, just not as special as the first one...... I have the First two Sub Editions, trades for the last two.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            Diminishing returns, in my opinion. I love the first one, downhill from there. Not bad, just not as special as the first one...... I have the First two Sub Editions, trades for the last two.
                            Appreciate the feedback, and I think it says a lot that you weren’t prompted to complete the S/L Sub Press run with the latter two books. Sounds like my plan to try a tpb for the first volume — and, more importantly, any future volume(s) — is probably a wise idea then.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Anybody pick-up "A Master of Djinn" from SubPress this morning? Am very excited that I was able to snag a copy as this one sold out fast!!!

Comment

Anybody pick-up "A Master of Djinn" from SubPress this morning? Am very excited that I was able to snag a copy as this one sold out fast!!!
                                I picked one up. Wasn't hugely happy with the pricing, even with the extra stories included - but liked the art choices they made. Wish they were a little more specific about what oversized meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X