Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

Yeah, CD's eBay auctions always seem to go way above usual market prices. Confidence in the seller, I suppose. Good for CD, bad for those of us who are interested in some of their items.
    Not always, I recently received an older signed Matheson novel for $9.99, brand new.

Comment

Yeah, CD's eBay auctions always seem to go way above usual market prices. Confidence in the seller, I suppose. Good for CD, bad for those of us who are interested in some of their items.
      Well, this is a sought-after book. I picked up a mint signed copy of The Golden for $30 in the last round of CD auctions, so no complaints here. I think the higher selling prices are due to the large audience that see the auctions all at the same time. I've picked up some books from other sellers where tiles or authors were misspelled, so unless you were browsing by category/price, you'd never notice them.

Comment

Maybe it's just the items I'm interested in that sell way high then.

For instance, the only current listing I'm watching is the ARCs of AS TIMELESS AS INFINITY. That auction is already over $100. Woe is me.

Comment

Maybe it's just the items I'm interested in that sell way high then.

For instance, the only current listing I'm watching is the ARCs of AS TIMELESS AS INFINITY. That auction is already over $100. Woe is me.
          The hot items definitely go very high. I believe that is directly related to their reach. Items can be had at value but if an item is hot you will see it go above what other sellers are getting. Regarding the mis-spelling, There was a time that I could find some nice items by the Steven King guy. eBay now searches Stephen King when you enter Steven King so that no longer works.

Comment

Part of it is reach. The other part that goes hand in hand with reach is that it puts eyes on the listings that wouldn't typically look at eBay. They may not necessarily know what something usually would go for and can't be bothered to do the research.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I saw that. It was at around $85 when I saw it. I bid up to $130 before quitting, and it's at $147.50 right now. I'll pass!
              Now it's up to $365!

Can I just point out that someone has bid up THE SHINING paperback up to $24.50? Is there something I'm missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Now it's up to $365!

Can I just point out that someone has bid up THE SHINING paperback up to $24.50? Is there something I'm missing here?
                Yeah, I'm watching it on ebay...and still more than four days left!

I don't get The Shining either. It's a pretty beat up copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yeah, I'm watching it on ebay...and still more than four days left!

I don't get The Shining either. It's a pretty beat up copy.
                  I know, right? Maybe nostalgia factor for someone or a completist. I remember skimming that edition when I was a eight or nine and would spend every afternoon in our town's TINY library.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I know, right? Maybe nostalgia factor for someone or a completist. I remember skimming that edition when I was a eight or nine and would spend every afternoon in our town's TINY library.
                    The Shining was the first SK book I ever purchased, back in the early '80s. It's pretty beat up too, but I still have it.

P1090387.JPG

Comment

Sub Press is offering grab bags today if anyone is interested. My grab bag dats are behind me for now, but they’re great deals for those who can take advantage of them.

Comment

Holy smokes, the pre-order for the MURDERBOT collection by Martha Wells sold out in under a half-hour. There were still copies when I checked back ten minutes after pre-order opened (though the lettereds were gone) but none when I checked back after 30 minutes...so sometime between 11 minutes and 29 minutes, all copies sold. Amazing how fast a(n apparently very) popular title can sell out, even with premium pricing...I mean, that’s “Centipede fast!”
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Holy smokes, the pre-order for the MURDERBOT collection by Martha Wells sold out in under a half-hour. There were still copies when I checked back ten minutes after pre-order opened (though the lettereds were gone) but none when I checked back after 30 minutes...so sometime between 11 minutes and 29 minutes, all copies sold. Amazing how fast a(n apparently very) popular title can sell out, even with premium pricing...I mean, that’s “Centipede fast!”
                          I have read the first two in the series and never considered ordering this. I know these are very popular but not something I will read more than once,

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have read the first two in the series and never considered ordering this. I know these are very popular but not something I will read more than once,
                            It’s a total impulse buy for me. I hadn’t even heard of the series until Subterranean’s email last week, but I’ve really, really been in the mood for accessible, thrilling, humor-tinged sci-fi with humanity and heart — guess I’m looking for a new Scalzi — and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly, based on all the reviews I read. If I don’t like it it should be pretty easy to flip.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

It’s a total impulse buy for me. I hadn’t even heard of the series until Subterranean’s email last week, but I’ve really, really been in the mood for accessible, thrilling, humor-tinged sci-fi with humanity and heart — guess I’m looking for a new Scalzi — and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly, based on all the reviews I read. If I don’t like it it should be pretty easy to flip, based on the rapid sell-out.
                              first read it because I wanted something 'Scalzi Like'. It was fine but I do not feel the need to seek out more. Hope you like it better than I did. I also completely agree that it should be easy to sell should you so choose. I think it is a very popular series and I believe many of the fans are unaware that a limited is in the offing.

Comment

9DFD0A0B-4BD1-47D9-9321-6DB828C6343B.jpeg
                                Originally posted by Martin View Post

first read it because I wanted something 'Scalzi Like'. It was fine but I do not feel the need to seek out more. Hope you like it better than I did. I also completely agree that it should be easy to sell should you so choose. I think it is a very popular series and I believe many of the fans are unaware that a limited is in the offing.
                                Hopefully it’ll be released soon, so that I can give you my thoughts. I also have to say, along with Scalzi, it also reminded me of Robert Cargill’s novel (up top), which I enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X