No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone jump on The House Next Door? Curious about the SK intro.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      I did. I've heard people sing this book's praises for years and I just haven't gotten around to reading it. Very much looking forward to it.

Comment

I did! Heard too many good things over the years to pass it up.

Comment

Like others, I’ve heard good things about the Siddons for years, but just never pulled the trigger on it until now, although I do think I have a mass-market paperback of it around here somewhere. But this new deluxe hardcover will be my first reading of it, and I’m very much looking forward to it.

Today I received the new, smaller edition of the Shirley Jackson book, and yesterday received a notification that THE SEARCH FOR JOSEPH TULLY shipped. Good times.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Congrats to all. I'm passing but was dearly tempted by it.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I picked up a copy. Read this about 20 years ago & was very pleasantly surprised with it.

Hope it holds up on the reread.

I imagine that the SK intro will be the same one that was in the edition of House Next Door that was published as part of the Stephen King Library, around 20 years ago.

And now that I’m thinking about it, the intros used for the SK Library books I think came from Danse Macabre.

B

Comment

Anyone jump on this weekend's announcements? I don't normally order from Centipede (due to price), but I couldn't resist this time around. I picked-up both Shelley Katz's Alligator & Guy N. Smith's Bats Out of Hell. I have never read either book or author; however, something about these spoke to me. Looks like there will be plenty of animal horror in my future!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                  Anyone jump on this weekend's announcements? I don't normally order from Centipede (due to price), but I couldn't resist this time around. I picked-up both Shelley Katz's Alligator & Guy N. Smith's Bats Out of Hell. I have never read either book or author; however, something about these spoke to me. Looks like there will be plenty of animal horror in my future!
                  Ordered both!

Alligator was a bit pricier than I was expecting, but it looks stunning.

Bats Out of Hell continues the vintage series, so I have to keep that rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                    I didn't go for those, but I was excited to see The Man who fell to Earth coming next month. I have the movie, but have never read the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I didn't go for those, but I was excited to see The Man who fell to Earth coming next month. I have the movie, but have never read the book.
                      I went for both. Also, I (finally) read THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH a month or so ago, and generally enjoyed it. I’d call it a solid 7 out of 10, or a 3.5 star read, if one uses GoodReads 5-star gauge. Good enough that I want the upcoming limited…it also prompted me to pick up Tevis’ THE HUSTLER and THE COLOR OF MONEY. I haven’t read THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT, but the Netflix series was brilliant.

Don’t forget to pick up the WEIRD FICTION REVIEW this weekend, too…it has my new massive 20,000-word “Collecting the Modern Macabre” feature in it. For comparison, all my others (including the new one for 2023 that I just submitted today) have been under 10,000 words. It’s a big’un.

Comment

I picked up both as well. I also was surprised with the price for Alligator. I figured it would be a $60 book. Either way, both look like a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I went for both. Also, I (finally) read THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH a month or so ago, and generally enjoyed it. I’d call it a solid 7 out of 10, or a 3.5 star read, if one uses GoodReads 5-star gauge. Good enough that I want the upcoming limited…it also prompted me to pick up Tevis’ THE HUSTLER and THE COLOR OF MONEY. I haven’t read THE QUEEN’S GAMBIT, but the Netflix series was brilliant.

Don’t forget to pick up the WEIRD FICTION REVIEW this weekend, too…it has my new massive 20,000-word “Collecting the Modern Macabre” feature in it. For comparison, all my others (including the new one for 2023 that I just submitted today) have been under 10,000 words. It’s a big’un.
                          Looking forward to your new feature, Ron!

Comment

Just received my copy of Bats Out of Hell. Production looks great. Didn't realize that it's such a short novel. Hopefully, it will be a fun read. Have never read anything by this author; so, I'm not quite sure what to expect. Pure impulse buy!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Ordered it today!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Ordered it today!
                                Hope you enjoy…looks like a great issue, lots of good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X