No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some weeks I receive the Centipede newsletter, some weeks I don't(and it does not go to spam). This week I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
      Some weeks I receive the Centipede newsletter, some weeks I don't(and it does not go to spam). This week I didn't.
      He skips weeks on occasions. There was no newsletter for 6/6.

Comment

I didn't get it this week.

Comment

I didn't get it this week.
          That’s happened to me before as well and then I get the next newsletter with no issues. You can always reach out to Jerad to see if there is any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Ron, been meaning to mention that I really enjoyed the article on Clive Barker in the new Weird Fiction Review. As someone who has not yet read any Barker I found it very informative and interesting.
            Thanks, Martin, appreciate the kind words.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Thanks, Martin, appreciate the kind words.
              Thank you! Someday I will read Barker. I have Everville and The Damnation Game.

Comment

As someone who has not yet read any Barker I found it very informative and interesting.
                I haven't read any Barker either. I did order the AGE of Imajica from Suntup; so, that will be my first foray into his work. Hopefully, that book is indicative of his writing. If I enjoy it, I may seek out some of his other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I haven't read any Barker either. I did order the AGE of Imajica from Suntup; so, that will be my first foray into his work. Hopefully, that book is indicative of his writing. If I enjoy it, I may seek out some of his other stuff.
                  I am hoping to get to the copy of The Damnation Game I have on my shelf before Suntup ships Imajica. As much as Barker has been my orbit I have not only not read his work but I have not seen any movie made from his work. I can't even say why that is and I hope I am not disappointed once I jump in.

Comment

I am hoping to get to the copy of The Damnation Game I have on my shelf before Suntup ships Imajica. As much as Barker has been my orbit I have not only not read his work but I have not seen any movie made from his work. I can't even say why that is and I hope I am not disappointed once I jump in.
                    I used to be a far bigger fan than I am these days, some decades removed from when he was on my Must Read list, so haven't picked up anything new for quite a long time. For me, I still see BOOKS OF BLOOD as the seminal work of his career -- one that has stood the test of time well -- even though it was his debut work, but then again I wasn't as nearly as much of a fan -- and even less so these days -- of his more fantastical work...I really prefer that early horror that put him on the map. That, though, obviously says more about my own preferences than the value of any particular work of his.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I used to be a far bigger fan than I am these days, some decades removed from when he was on my Must Read list, so haven't picked up anything new for quite a long time. For me, I still see BOOKS OF BLOOD as the seminal work of his career -- one that has stood the test of time well -- even though it was his debut work, but then again I wasn't as nearly as much of a fan -- and even less so these days -- of his more fantastical work...I really prefer that early horror that put him on the map. That, though, obviously says more about my own preferences than the value of any particular work of his.
                      The title Books of Blood never got my attention. Your piece was really the first I had read anything about the contents. If I like what I have from him I will probably hunt down these.

Comment

Cabal was the first thing that I really remember reading from Barker and it blew my little high school mind. I like DAMNATION GAME well enough. I’d say to give his short fiction a shot even if the novels don’t work for you. Two total different beasts.

Comment

Thank you! Someday I will read Barker. I have Everville and The Damnation Game.
                          Everville is the sequel to The Great and Secret Show. Both books are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Everville is the sequel to The Great and Secret Show. Both books are excellent.
                            I knew it was a sequel but could not remember what the first book was. Received that one in a grab bag at some point. If I determine I like Barker I would buy the first book before reading Everville.

Comment

[QUOTEI am hoping to get to the copy of The Damnation Game I have on my shelf before Suntup ships Imajica. As much as Barker has been my orbit I have not only not read his work but I have not seen any movie made from his work. I can't even say why that is and I hope I am not disappointed once I jump in.][/QUOTE]
                              Damnation Game is closer to horror, like the Hellbound Heart (Hellraiser). I recommend Weaveworld, which is one of my favorite books, to get a real taste of what Imagica has in store.

Comment

[QUOTEI am hoping to get to the copy of The Damnation Game I have on my shelf before Suntup ships Imajica. As much as Barker has been my orbit I have not only not read his work but I have not seen any movie made from his work. I can't even say why that is and I hope I am not disappointed once I jump in.]
                                Damnation Game is closer to horror, like the Hellbound Heart (Hellraiser). I recommend Weaveworld, which is one of my favorite books, to get a real taste of what Imagica has in store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. My plan is to read something I have in hand before buying more.

Comment

Working...
                                X