Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Is that custom (or repurposed) slipcase or did I miss an email at some point?
    That was repurposed from a lot that I bought years ago.

Comment

Is that custom (or repurposed) slipcase or did I miss an email at some point?
      Repurposed. It was the slipcase from either the Wagner or McDowell set, and Jerad had a small number that he later offered up for sale.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Weird Fiction Review 11 has arrived. I always read Pelan's Forgotten Masters first and then the historic articles. Its sad that this may well be the last we get to read him. Perhaps Centipede may have one or two more Pelan pieces for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I have the same hopes for those Goodis titles I mentioned earlier, and the Steve Fisher volume. At least I have all the Fredric Brown ones.
          If you got a grand to spare, Camelot put up a copy of the Centipede Press edition of I WAKE UP SCREAMING. Too rich for my blood at the moment.

Comment

The Philip K Dick set went on sale today. I didn't get a chance to buy it at work and it was already sold out by the time I got online. Very bummed about this one, but such is life...

Was anybody here lucky enough to snag a copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
              The Philip K Dick set went on sale today. I didn't get a chance to buy it at work and it was already sold out by the time I got online. Very bummed about this one, but such is life...

Was anybody here lucky enough to snag a copy?
              I didn’t know that the set went up today. Not surprised that it sold out quickly. I’m a subscriber so my copy is locked in. I haven’t read much PKD so I’m looking forward to reading these.

Sorry that you missed out. I’d hit up Kim at Camelot. Maybe you’ll get lucky. I’m sure that copies will show up on eBay, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I didn’t know that the set went up today. Not surprised that it sold out quickly. I’m a subscriber so my copy is locked in. I haven’t read much PKD so I’m looking forward to reading these.

Sorry that you missed out. I’d hit up Kim at Camelot. Maybe you’ll get lucky. I’m sure that copies will show up on eBay, as well.
                Already emailed Kim, but their copies were already spoken for. Had the same luck emailing Jerad to see if he might have extras that weren't on the site.

I'm keeping an eye on Subterranean to see if they get any copies, but it'll be a mad dash if they do.

Jerad did say that he's going to try and get permission from the Dick estate for a second printing, so there's always a chance there.

Otherwise, I'll have to keep an eye on the secondary market. I likely won't be able to afford what will inevitably be absurdly higher prices, but maybe I'll get lucky!

Comment

There's an unsigned Hjortsberg set with the slipcase on the scratch & dent page. I think the furor over that one has died down, so the price may be a bit steep.

Comment

Already emailed Kim, but their copies were already spoken for. Had the same luck emailing Jerad to see if he might have extras that weren't on the site.

I'm keeping an eye on Subterranean to see if they get any copies, but it'll be a mad dash if they do.

Jerad did say that he's going to try and get permission from the Dick estate for a second printing, so there's always a chance there.

Otherwise, I'll have to keep an eye on the secondary market. I likely won't be able to afford what will inevitably be absurdly higher prices, but maybe I'll get lucky!
                    What a bummer. I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Do you have a link for the sold out page? Just curious to read the info.

Comment

There's an unsigned Hjortsberg set with the slipcase on the scratch & dent page. I think the furor over that one has died down, so the price may be a bit steep.
                      Looks like it sold. What was the price?

Comment

Looks like it sold. What was the price?
                        It was $300.

Comment

It was $300.
                          Yeah, not the cheapest. It is one heck of a set though.

Comment

Reading Centipede’s newsletter today, it sounds like you weren’t the only one who missed out. Hopefully he can get the rights to do a reprint of the set. Also looks like he wants to do another set of PKD books as well.

Looks like maybe the PKD set debacle has led to the decision to get rid of advance notice lists. I’m sure lists like that can be a headache for publishers.

Also looks like DUNE might finally see the light of day. And a possible new Haldeman set? I’d be down for that.

Comment

Reading Centipede’s newsletter today, it sounds like you weren’t the only one who missed out. Hopefully he can get the rights to do a reprint of the set. Also looks like he wants to do another set of PKD books as well.

Looks like maybe the PKD set debacle has led to the decision to get rid of advance notice lists. I’m sure lists like that can be a headache for publishers.

Also looks like DUNE might finally see the light of day. And a possible new Haldeman set? I’d be down for that.
                              Yeah, I saw that.

Jerad said that he had 600 people on the advance notice list and there were only 300 sets available. No wonder it sold out so quickly!

Comment

Ron, been meaning to mention that I really enjoyed the article on Clive Barker in the new Weird Fiction Review. As someone who has not yet read any Barker I found it very informative and interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X