Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Well it looks like I will have to wait until next week for my copy of Something Wicked. Scheduled for delivery today and it has not yet scanned into my local post office. Hopefully Monday.
    Martin, it's grossly over-rated....Hope that makes you feel better lol!!

Comment

Great looking volume, the letterpress printed Zimakov engravings are the highlight for me. I don't love oversized volumes, but getting these in an extra large format is a really cool. I like the use of the Zimakovs art & marbled papers on the slipcase as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Martin, it's grossly over-rated....Hope that makes you feel better lol!!
        Hah! If it manages to arrive on Monday that will be an interesting day. I have two Suntup deliveries arriving that day.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
          Great looking volume, the letterpress printed Zimakov engravings are the highlight for me. I don't love oversized volumes, but getting these in an extra large format is a really cool. I like the use of the Zimakovs art & marbled papers on the slipcase as well.
          The photos I have seen are amazing, can't wait to have it in my hands.

Comment

Received my copy today and it is stunning. I agree with JeremyM that the Zimakov engravings printed letterpress are a highlight. You can feel the pressing more than you can with just letterpress text. I did not get the bonus item but am good with that. I had mixed feelings about it. Nice to have but the photos I have seen did not fit the aesthetics of the book. Would have been happy either way but prefer it without the bonus. From a shelf size standpoint they are nearly identical to The Secretary of Dreams Limited so I will place it on the shelf I have for them. I was nervous that it would be Knowing Darkness sized and that would have presented a problem. I will take some photos but will not add them to my collectors thread until mid January when they have all been shipped out.

Comment

I did not get the bonus item but am good with that. I had mixed feelings about it. Nice to have but the photos I have seen did not fit the aesthetics of the book. Would have been happy either way but prefer it without the bonus. .
              Congrats on getting your copy, Martin. I must admit, I feel the same way. The sig stickers look to my eye out of place on such a rich, museum-like production. I too would have been pleased with either, but now having seen both examples, I prefer (and, given the choice, would have chosen) the cleaner, non-sticker example. Very cool for Jerad to offer this surprise bonus, though, and I’m happy for those who received it.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Congrats on getting your copy, Martin. I must admit, I feel the same way. The sig stickers look to my eye out of place on such a rich, museum-like production. I too would have been pleased with either, but now having seen both examples, I prefer (and, given the choice, would have chosen) the cleaner, non-sticker example. Very cool for Jerad to offer this surprise bonus, though, and I’m happy for those who received it.

I also already have multiple Ray Bradbury signed books.

Comment

I also already have multiple Ray Bradbury signed books.
                  Same. He was certainly the Joe Hill of his era, never turning down a book in need of his signature. I remember reading one joke that said an unsigned Ray Bradbury book is far more rare and valuable than a signed Bradbury...I'm sure the same joke's been made of Hill as well.

Along with my signed books, I had a couple loose Bradbury-signed bookplates, so have laid in (not stickered-on) one into my copy of Centipede's WICKED, and that suits me just fine.

Comment

My Something Wicked just showed up. Seeing as I have nothing much under the tree, I decided not to open it until we open gifts tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see if it came with a Bradbury signature, but I'll be just as happy without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                      My Something Wicked just showed up. Seeing as I have nothing much under the tree, I decided not to open it until we open gifts tomorrow night. It'll be interesting to see if it came with a Bradbury signature, but I'll be just as happy without it.
                      You have more restraint than I. I opened mine within minutes of bring the box in.

Comment

You have more restraint than I. I opened mine within minutes of bring the box in.
                        My wife feels bad that I don't have much to open (I really don't care at all), so I'll wait another day. After seeing Yegor's pics (on FB) I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                          I'm of the exact same mind as you here. Got mine yesterday, and it's just..there. Waiting to be unveiled. I just feel... so close to Christmas (as a dad who'll get socks and prob not much else- gratefully, mind you) that this just needs to wait until Christmas proper. If anything, I've grown too much patience in my old age (thanks, in no small part to Cemetery Dance! ).

Comment

So, Dave and Ron (S.), what did you think of WICKED?

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              So, Dave and Ron (S.), what did you think of WICKED?
                              Loved it! I didn't get the Bradbury sig, but that's not a bad thing. I'm of two minds about pasted-in sigs from dead authors...

Anyway, the quality is top-notch, as expected. It's huge, it's heavy, and the artwork is fantastic. I read it on Sunday, probably for the first time since the '80s.

Comment

Yep, it's a stunner, for sure. Doing this so long, it's sometimes hard to impress us jaded old dudes, but this one is pretty marvelous- even for Centipede. I don't have a lot of their high end productions, but this surpasses even A MOUNTAIN WALKED, which I've always cited as one of the nicest books I've ever seen- by anyone. From outside to in- it's just next-level attention to detail. It'll sound weird, probably, to admit that my favorite edition of this book has always been my old, trusty Easton Press, and I've read it a few times. Never thought I'd need another so almost didn't pull the trigger on this. So glad I did!

Oh, and no Bradbury sig for me either, and likewise- have no problem with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X