No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, guys, I'll continue to use Informed Delivery and hope it becomes more informative and useful. Of "Letters" I only see about 2/3 of what's actually delivered, and of "Packages" it's yet to indicate one is on its way or has been delivered, while I've received a half-dozen packages in the time I've had Informed Delivery, so not sure what's up with that. I *think* I see where one would see where a label has been created, but it indicates nothing has been created, so I guess my Centipede WICKED is not in the newest batch. I'm starting to get a little concerned, and was hoping Informed Delivery would calm my worries, but no such luck yet.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have had a few letters and packages arrive without showing on Informed Delivery but generally it has been a very useful tool. Hopefully your dashboard is just a victim of the overwhelming demand of Christmas 2020 and it will start being useful to you soon.
      Last edited by Martin; 12-16-2020, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Thanks, guys, I'll continue to use Informed Delivery and hope it becomes more informative and useful. Of "Letters" I only see about 2/3 of what's actually delivered, and of "Packages" it's yet to indicate one is on its way or has been delivered, while I've received a half-dozen packages in the time I've had Informed Delivery, so not sure what's up with that. I *think* I see where one would see where a label has been created, but it indicates nothing has been created, so I guess my Centipede WICKED is not in the newest batch. I'm starting to get a little concerned, and was hoping Informed Delivery would calm my worries, but no such luck yet.
        So for the first time, that I can recall, today I received a package that never appeared on Informed Delivery. Someone here also mentioned receiving Something Wicked recently without it appearing on Informed Delivery. I have to assume this is a result of the current shipping issues. On a very bright note the package was the replacement copy for Westlake Soul. I finally have that one in my hands!

Comment

I've occasionally had packages show up that weren't listed on Informed Delivery.

I've also had packages not show up after being listed on Informed Delivery. They eventually showed up in all cases, but it's annoying as hell (and slightly worrisome) to be told to expect a package and it's nowhere to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

So for the first time, that I can recall, today I received a package that never appeared on Informed Delivery. Someone here also mentioned receiving Something Wicked recently without it appearing on Informed Delivery. I have to assume this is a result of the current shipping issues. On a very bright note the package was the replacement copy for Westlake Soul. I finally have that one in my hands!
            And so that I can feel smug and righteous and continue to curse the failed promise of Informed Delivery, the Post Office played right into my hands today: I received a package from Centipede today (not WICKED, but rather the two new John Franklin Bardin novels*), and the Informed Delivery today shows, of course, "0" packages, and it wasn't misfiled under Letters. Nor was this package featured for advance/label notice. Hopefully you're right, Martin, and it'll start working as expected once the holiday rush is over. Frankly, were it not for that as-yet-undelivered copy of WICKED that's got my bookish anxiety ratcheted up, I wouldn't even worry about it.

* I had requested a particular number to match Centipede's (Millipede's?) earlier S/L HC copy of Bardin's THE DEADLY PERCHERON, but these two books missed that limitation number by one digit. So, so close, yet so far away...ah well, they make a fine looking set regardless (and they're all three outstanding reads).
            Last edited by RonClinton; 12-16-2020, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Don't feel bad, Ron. I've yet to have a single package show up on Informed Delivery. I do see they have a new feature where you can keep your electronic signature on file for packages that has Signature Confirmation. I don't get many packages that require my signature, but it's cool for those that do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                Don't feel bad, Ron. I've yet to have a single package show up on Informed Delivery. I do see they have a new feature where you can keep your electronic signature on file for packages that has Signature Confirmation. I don't get many packages that require my signature, but it's cool for those that do.
                Good to know I'm not alone. In fact...

Well, guess what just showed up on my porch? Yep, my copy of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES finally arrived! Good lord, but the shipping box is enormous...no wonder it's taking Jerad so long to get these shipped out. The book and slipcase inside that box...wow, just wow. What an incredible piece of bookmarking art.

** Spoiler: **
                I didn't win the Bradbury sig lottery (by the way, does anyone have a link to a photo of a copy w/ the added sig...would love to see what it looks like and how it's presented), but with a book this gorgeous you can't even care...it's just incredible.
                ** End of spoiler **

I'll feature it on my Twitter feed soon, but four lousy small photos can't begin to do this enormous masterpiece justice. I own a helluva lot of nice books, but this may just possibly be the most impressive of the bunch.

Capture.JPG

Oh, and my (mis)Informed Delivery...? "0" letters, "0" packages shown for today, with a note that says, "You currently have no mail from Today. Please check back tomorrow." Probably ready to just stop checking this service...at best, it's always wrong and misleading to some degree, and at worst it gives me a false sense of security that a package is not on its way and/or on my porch when it, in fact, all too often is. Case in point: My Postman isn't typically wise or concerned enough to hide my packages behind the wide stone pillars on my porch that are six to eight feet from my front door, and instead puts them in front of my front door in perfect view from the street...and, sure enough, he did it again today with this very expensive copy of SOMETHING WICKED. If I was away and relied on (mis)Informed Delivery, I wouldn't know that I needed to have a neighbor grab it before a porch pirate did. Thankfully my ears and my Ring doorbell saved the day. ...okay, rant off, time to instead go and enjoy looking through this fantastic book.
                Last edited by RonClinton; 12-16-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Good to know I'm not alone. In fact...

Well, guess what just showed up on my porch? Yep, my copy of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES finally arrived! Good lord, but the shipping box is enormous...no wonder it's taking Jerad so long to get these shipped out. The book and slipcase inside that box...wow, just wow. What an incredible piece of bookmarking art.

** Spoiler: **
                  I didn't win the Bradbury sig lottery (by the way, does anyone have a link to a photo of a copy w/ the added sig...would love to see what it looks like and how it's presented), but with a book this gorgeous you can't even care...it's just incredible.
                  ** End of spoiler **

I'll feature it on my Twitter feed soon, but four lousy small photos can't begin to do this enormous masterpiece justice. I own a helluva lot of nice books, but this may just possibly be the most impressive of the bunch.

Capture.JPG

Oh, and my (mis)Informed Delivery...? "0" letters, "0" packages shown for today, with a note that says, "You currently have no mail from Today. Please check back tomorrow." Probably ready to just stop checking this service...at best, it's always wrong and misleading to some degree, and at worst it gives me a false sense of security that a package is not on its way and/or on my porch when it, in fact, all too often is. Case in point: My Postman isn't typically wise or concerned enough to hide my packages behind the wide stone pillars on my porch that are six to eight feet from my front door, and instead puts them in front of my front door in perfect view from the street...and, sure enough, he did it again today with this very expensive copy of SOMETHING WICKED. If I was away and relied on (mis)Informed Delivery, I wouldn't know that I needed to have a neighbor grab it before a porch pirate did. Thankfully my ears and my Ring doorbell saved the day. ...okay, rant off, time to instead go and enjoy looking through this fantastic book.
                  Here are a couple of photos of copies sold on eBay. My informed delivery is still at Shipping Label Created. I am guessing It will stay like that until about the time I get it.

Comment

Thanks, Martin — very interesting, the layout of the signature page is even different.

I likely won’t do it, but I have a sig sticker I could paste on my sig page... Actually, come to think of it, I also have a non-sticky signed bookplate...what I might do is just lay in that bookplate and call it a day.

Comment

Thanks, Martin — very interesting, the layout of the signature page is even different.

I likely won’t do it, but I have a sig sticker I could paste on my sig page... Actually, come to think of it, I also have a non-sticky signed bookplate...what I might do is just lay in that bookplate and call it a day.
                      I am really excited about getting my copy. Looks like Centipede really did this classic story justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am really excited about getting my copy. Looks like Centipede really did this classic story justice.
                        I can't conceive what else they could have done, short of something gimmicky and over the top. This production is stunning and pure class...it absolutely does the story justice, and then some. I almost skipped this edition since I had the signed and numbered Gauntlet HC...I'm so glad I didn't, as this is just so different than that edition, so much on another level it's really astounding. I'm glad I have the Gauntlet as well, of course, but I'm very glad I have both.

Only problem is that it's one of their over-oversized editions, so it won't fit on my Bradbury shelf (even though I have a MoTW oversized volume in that same bookcase two shelves down, w/ the same shelf height). Gonna need to rejigger things a bit to find it a proper shelf-home.
                        Last edited by RonClinton; 12-17-2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I think I've mentioned this before Ron, But those Gauntlet Bradbury editions are excellent and Bradbury signed them.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            I think I've mentioned this before Ron, But those Gauntlet Bradbury editions are excellent and Bradbury signed them.
                            Yep, happy to have the Gauntlet edition of WICKED as well...there's something to be said about having a limited of a work actually signed by the author. The two volumes certainly complement each other very well.

I don't have Gauntlet's limiteds of THE OCTOBER COUNTRY or THE ILLUSTRATED MAN (really need to grab both someday), but I do have the expanded DARK CARNIVAL, which is a real treat.

Comment

Yep, happy to have the Gauntlet edition of WICKED as well...there's something to be said about having a limited of a work actually signed by the author. The two volumes certainly complement each other very well.

I don't have Gauntlet's limiteds of THE OCTOBER COUNTRY or THE ILLUSTRATED MAN (really need to grab both someday), but I do have the expanded DARK CARNIVAL, which is a real treat.
                              Those were the 3 I picked up, Something Wicked, Oct Country and Dark Carnival.....

Comment

This will actually be the first copy I have owned. Read library editions in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X