Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Yeah, that spoiler really detracts from the surprise of actually getting a copy.

And it doesn't even sound like it's ALL copies, based on the wording of newsletter. I'm sure it is going to be a stellar production and I can't wait for mine to arrive, but I can't help but feel that some people are going to get their copies and will be slightly bummed if they DON'T get one of the copies with the surprise.

Whereas if it hadn't been spoiled, nobody would be disappointed because they wouldn't know that such a surprise was possible.
    That is an interesting observation. I did not think about the wording which could indicate it is not all copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Yeah, that spoiler really detracts from the surprise of actually getting a copy.

And it doesn't even sound like it's ALL copies, based on the wording of newsletter. I'm sure it is going to be a stellar production and I can't wait for mine to arrive, but I can't help but feel that some people are going to get their copies and will be slightly bummed if they DON'T get one of the copies with the surprise.

Whereas if it hadn't been spoiled, nobody would be disappointed because they wouldn't know that such a surprise was possible.
      I didn’t even catch that in the H&W blurb — you’re right, it does sound like only a limited number of copies will have that surprise included.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

There are at least two people on Facebook who do NOT have the surprise in their copies. Has anyone seen proof of this surprise?

​​​​​ Maybe it is a golden ticket sort of surprise? Or maybe Harper Wilde is wrong?

Comment

Yes. But honestly, if you've had access and read all the threads you can suss it out. I can say no more...LOl!!

Comment

Ok, now you guys have me intrigued...

I did receive notice that my book is on its way. If I get one of these books with the “surprise”, will I know it if I see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Ok, now you guys have me intrigued...

I did receive notice that my book is on its way. If I get one of these books with the “surprise”, will I know it if I see it?
              I would sure think so, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Hmm, Ok. So I’m not going to look into this further until my book arrives. While secret surprises are cool, and as it was mentioned above, I don’t want to get fixated on this and wind up even a little disappointed that I didn’t get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Hmm, Ok. So I’m not going to look into this further until my book arrives. While secret surprises are cool, and as it was mentioned above, I don’t want to get fixated on this and wind up even a little disappointed that I didn’t get it.
                  Same here. I'll definitely check to see if I can find anything out of the ordinary, but hopefully I won't miss it if I don't get it.

Comment

Can someone spoil the surprise?

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      Can someone spoil the surprise?
                      I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I sent you a PM.
                        Thanks!

Comment

My copy of SOMETHING WICKED arrived yesterday. I knew that this was going to be a very nice edition, but I don’t think I was prepared for just how well designed it would be. Yes, I should know better by now in regards to Jerad’s design aesthetics always being top notch, but at this price point, it’s easy to get nervous. I’m hard pressed to think that another publisher will be able to top this production for SOMETHING WICKED.

As for the “surprise”, my copy did indeed include it and what a nice surprise it is. (I’m downplaying it a bit, I suppose...) From previous posts, it sounds like not all copies have the surprise. Does anybody have an idea how many of the books in the run do have it?

On a related note, a copy with the “surprise” sold for $1300 on eBay yesterday.

Comment

Yup. Not something one would miss.

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine. The anticipation of its arrival -- and anxiety for it getting lost in the mail, and the curiosity if it will have the surprise -- for this one is about as high-level as it gets with a book, so I hope it shows up soon and puts me out of my misery.

Speaking of Bradbury, don't think I mentioned this on the board yet, but received a nice surprise a couple weeks ago:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...033336833?s=20

This will truly be a month of Bradbury to remember.

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine. The anticipation of its arrival -- and anxiety for it getting lost in the mail, and the curiosity if it will have the surprise -- for this one is about as high-level as it gets with a book, so I hope it shows up soon and puts me out of my misery.

Speaking of Bradbury, don't think I mentioned this on the board yet, but received a nice surprise a couple weeks ago:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...033336833?s=20

This will truly be a month of Bradbury to remember.
                                You are not alone, my copy has not even showed up on my informed delivery yet. Assuming I will be in the last batch.

Comment

Working...
                                X